Guest Opinion: The MAP test, a standardized test required by Seattle Public Schools, wastes student time and district money. It's time to drop it.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it?
- The Daily Troll: Prepare to be surprised on 520 bridge. Bell Street: Call that a 'park'? Frye Museum as launching pad.
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green
- The Daily Troll: Bertha's latest big dig delay. Metro Transit vote: Down to the wire. Habib seeks Eastside Senate spot.
- High stakes: Bertha contractor, state at odds over labor dispute costs
- Bell Street Park: A noble bust
Many thanks to Frank Abe and Fred Felleman some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green (49)
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure (36)
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it? (29)
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (51)
- New survey offers tips for implementing Seattle's new city council districts (12)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (28)
- Bertha's long hibernation: Still hope for an on-time finish? (20)
- Oil, coal, gas: Export proposals are growing (8)
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians (12)
- As Prop. 1 falters, Metro fans ask, 'Now what?' (10)
Stories for Jan. 29, 2013
A new bill would go even further than Microsoft suggested in allowing high-tech workers from abroad. AP rummages through records to find what expenses legislators put on the taxpayers' dime. Kidnapping near Everett Community College campus.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Seattle Port Authority will appoint a new commissioner to fill a vacancy. What kind of port commissioner is needed and why? (Sponsored Content)READ MORE
Seattle Symphony Orchestra's Ludovic Morlot conducts Messiaen's remarkable "Turangalîla" Symphony.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Guest Opinion: If you look at one study, the easy assumptions that exporting coal will harm the climate could prove backward. Two Stanford researchers raise a point worth looking at.READ MORE 18 COMMENTS
In the last few months, mudslides have derailed the region's train service and ridership. More than 350 runs have been cancelled or truncated. When will WSDOT fix the problem? And how?READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
The new majority leader's decision to work with Republicans sends a message to Democrats. But don't count on the message being received.READ MORE 61 COMMENTS
Democrats want to expand families' ability to take care of a child or sick relative. Republicans want to kill the state's law.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS