Guest Opinion: The MAP test, a standardized test required by Seattle Public Schools, wastes student time and district money. It's time to drop it.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers
- The Rainier Ave. Problem
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel?
- Seattle's Ferguson march: Inside the anarchist-activist divide
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble?
- Now Playing: Michael Keaton soars in "Birdman"
- The Daily Troll: Seattle groups protest. WSU warning about mumps. Kyle Seager to stay.
- King County Metro responds to driver bathroom break shortage
- The Daily Troll: Protesters take to Seattle streets. Murray gets a new communications head. Cyclist seeks $2.5 million from Seattle.
- Seattle rock hound offers tours of our billion-year-old past
Many thanks to Jeffrey S Smith and David Kersey some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel? (54)
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble? (47)
- The Rainier Ave. Problem (33)
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year (18)
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers (10)
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything? (9)
- Tax reform? There's a DIY movement for that (29)
- Ciao, Chai, and bye-bye, Bamboo. Woodland Park will let its elephants go. (7)
- State's marijuana income expected to get much higher (8)
- Legislators hear about the scale of the school-funding challenge (5)
Stories for Jan. 29, 2013
A new bill would go even further than Microsoft suggested in allowing high-tech workers from abroad. AP rummages through records to find what expenses legislators put on the taxpayers' dime. Kidnapping near Everett Community College campus.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Seattle Port Authority will appoint a new commissioner to fill a vacancy. What kind of port commissioner is needed and why? (Sponsored Content)READ MORE
Seattle Symphony Orchestra's Ludovic Morlot conducts Messiaen's remarkable "Turangalîla" Symphony.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Guest Opinion: If you look at one study, the easy assumptions that exporting coal will harm the climate could prove backward. Two Stanford researchers raise a point worth looking at.READ MORE 18 COMMENTS
In the last few months, mudslides have derailed the region's train service and ridership. More than 350 runs have been cancelled or truncated. When will WSDOT fix the problem? And how?READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
The new majority leader's decision to work with Republicans sends a message to Democrats. But don't count on the message being received.READ MORE 61 COMMENTS
Democrats want to expand families' ability to take care of a child or sick relative. Republicans want to kill the state's law.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS