Guest Opinion: The MAP test, a standardized test required by Seattle Public Schools, wastes student time and district money. It's time to drop it.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- Nebraska (the movie not the state)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights!
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
Many thanks to Elizabeth Berggren and Carla Okigwe some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (76)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (39)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (60)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (28)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (21)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (73)
- Proposal for height rezoning near Mount Baker station raises controversy (29)
- Thanksgiving: Is there still a place at the table for the Middle Class? (23)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district (10)
- Why downtown would be safer as a surveillance state (34)
Stories for Jan. 29, 2013
A new bill would go even further than Microsoft suggested in allowing high-tech workers from abroad. AP rummages through records to find what expenses legislators put on the taxpayers' dime. Kidnapping near Everett Community College campus.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Seattle Port Authority will appoint a new commissioner to fill a vacancy. What kind of port commissioner is needed and why? (Sponsored Content)READ MORE
Seattle Symphony Orchestra's Ludovic Morlot conducts Messiaen's remarkable "Turangalîla" Symphony.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Guest Opinion: If you look at one study, the easy assumptions that exporting coal will harm the climate could prove backward. Two Stanford researchers raise a point worth looking at.READ MORE 18 COMMENTS
In the last few months, mudslides have derailed the region's train service and ridership. More than 350 runs have been cancelled or truncated. When will WSDOT fix the problem? And how?READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
The new majority leader's decision to work with Republicans sends a message to Democrats. But don't count on the message being received.READ MORE 61 COMMENTS
Democrats want to expand families' ability to take care of a child or sick relative. Republicans want to kill the state's law.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS