Seattle likes Marshawn Lynch: wry, speaking through action, watching the world with knowing, amused eyes. And able to shut his mouth. Ray Lewis? Well, he's no Marshawn.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:READ MORE »
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning?
- Legislature: What's the problem just finishing its work?
- Russell Wilson's sophomore slump? Rest of NFL should be so lucky
- In defense of David Guterson
- Bookstore owner & author Peter Miller: It is not a time of great books
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington?
- How to ask total strangers for large sums of money
- Tale of Two Cities: Ferndale welcomes Big Coal
- The Daily Troll: Is WA still in Boeing's future? Lights out for Egyptian Theatre. Rebuilding obsolescence on I-5.
- Where's the science at KUOW? Why public radio wants to mix things up.
Many thanks to
some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Why does Seattle fear urban planning? (57)
- A council misguided: The futility of property tax-financed city elections (24)
- Tale of Two Cities: Coal, a train wreck for Burlington? (14)
- City Council changes the rules on employee background checks (13)
- Improvements to Washington schools won't help hungry kids (13)
- Where's the science at KUOW? Why public radio wants to mix things up. (12)
- News Shmews: A journalist confronts reader apathy (14)
- Legislature: What's the problem just finishing its work? (10)
- Will pay-as-you-drive insurance get a chance in Washington? (20)
- In defense of David Guterson (11)
Stories for Feb. 1, 2013
The new governor wants the feds to install more tanks at the Hanford nuclear reservation. Labeling of GMOs moves toward decision. And a new opportunity for Obama to bring a Washingtonian into his Cabinet.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The National Register of Historic Places has just honored the repurposed park. No wonder: The Seattle project started a whole new way of preserving and building on the past for the entire region.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The biomedical pioneer is one of the 2013 National Science Medal recipients.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
GOP and Democrats unite to fight Rodney Tom's plan to erase parents' ability to save for state college tuition through a state program. But the House effort carries a price tag.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Author Oliver Burkeman is sick of all the left-of-reality, positive thinking nonsense. Here's why.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Family leave, workers comp rules and tuition savings are all in play as tensions rise.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS