A new bill, from Sen. Ed Murray, would do just that.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Climate refugees are coming to the Pacific Northwest
- Puget Sound growth: Where will they all live?
- Brace yourself for climate refugees, Part 2
- In the belly of the Bertha
- The Seattle City Council's big chance to create affordable housing
- KC Sheriff watchdog's resignation was preceded by turmoil and complaints
- The man who made Seattle a brew town
- The Daily Troll: Bezos blasts off. Unfinished 787s stacking up in Everett. Fewer bus cuts may be needed.
- The Daily Troll: Microsoft lays off 747 here. Clint Didier: the new Davy Crockett? I-1351 gets a surprise.
- Assessing oil train hazards, city emergency officials call for tunnel upgrades
Many thanks to Michael Cousins and Jeri Jo Carstairs some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Puget Sound growth: Where will they all live? (35)
- Climate refugees are coming to the Pacific Northwest (27)
- Brace yourself for climate refugees, Part 2 (29)
- In the belly of the Bertha (22)
- The Seattle City Council's big chance to create affordable housing (13)
- A rider's review of Seattle's new 2nd Avenue bike lane (61)
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan (12)
- First Nations cross border to protect Salish Sea from oil shipments (4)
- Scary lessons for Bristol Bay from recent B.C. mine-waste accident (2)
- What the heck is human-centered design? (2)
Stories for Feb. 5, 2013
Commentary: The city has a history of having to retreat from density initiatives because developers make everyone angry with their exploitation of loopholes in rules. Herewith, a preventive prescription to encourage density and quality.READ MORE 37 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Obama picks REI's Jewell for Cabinet. Jose Banda not a pushover. Guilt-free plastic bags.
Garfield tests despite boycotts. Seattle pushes for a larger climate action plan. Thanks for the plastic bag, but is it legal?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Tough love for kids with guns draws crossfire from two sides.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
As President Obama welcomes new secretaries of Treasury, State and (hopefully) Defense, Ted Van Dyk looks at the critical role of presidential advisers - past and present.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The biggest clue? Skillet's Josh Henderson is eyeing a space.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A bumper crop of male mayoral candidates points up a mystery of Seattle politics: With so many other trailblazers, why don't we have any more women mayors?READ MORE 14 COMMENTS