A new bill, from Sen. Ed Murray, would do just that.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Tired of growth? Be careful what you wish for
- Seattle's dizzying change? Get used to it
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Primary tallies spell trouble for Democrats
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow?
- New city transportation head: Can he match the city's goals with its resources?
- The puzzling state of Washington's economy
- Councilmember Mike O'Brien jumps into micro-housing fight
- The Daily Troll: Microhousing gets a setback. A pitch for housing families. Bill Gates ices himself for Lou Gehrig's disease.
- Court says state can ax pension perks
Many thanks to Jill Sherensky and Pete Hanning some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Tired of growth? Be careful what you wish for (40)
- New city transportation head: Can he match the city's goals with its resources? (33)
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow? (23)
- Seattle's dizzying change? Get used to it (22)
- Kshama Sawant’s anti-Israel campaign (48)
- Primary tallies spell trouble for Democrats (15)
- The puzzling state of Washington's economy (8)
- Council leader irked with SDOT's dropping work on bike plan (12)
- The Daily Troll: Microhousing gets a setback. A pitch for housing families. Bill Gates ices himself for Lou Gehrig's disease. (11)
- Want to change international climate change policy? Use your body. (8)
Stories for Feb. 5, 2013
Commentary: The city has a history of having to retreat from density initiatives because developers make everyone angry with their exploitation of loopholes in rules. Herewith, a preventive prescription to encourage density and quality.READ MORE 37 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Obama picks REI's Jewell for Cabinet. Jose Banda not a pushover. Guilt-free plastic bags.
Garfield tests despite boycotts. Seattle pushes for a larger climate action plan. Thanks for the plastic bag, but is it legal?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Tough love for kids with guns draws crossfire from two sides.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
As President Obama welcomes new secretaries of Treasury, State and (hopefully) Defense, Ted Van Dyk looks at the critical role of presidential advisers - past and present.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The biggest clue? Skillet's Josh Henderson is eyeing a space.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A bumper crop of male mayoral candidates points up a mystery of Seattle politics: With so many other trailblazers, why don't we have any more women mayors?READ MORE 14 COMMENTS