A new bill, from Sen. Ed Murray, would do just that.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Daily Troll: Gay principal files suit. Issaquah's embarrassing student racism. Washington Dem turns GOP.
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash?
- Why Stadium Place is the best new development in Seattle
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet
- Why Google Fiber will never come to Seattle
- King County transit measure: Nobody’s favorite, but a favorite to win
- Mark Penn's questionable road to Microsoft's Chief of Strategy
- Homeless bill furor has Republican senator looking to Inslee for help
- Legislature, Inslee clash, but to what purpose?
Many thanks to Mary Margaret Briggs and Kennth & Mary Ellen McCaffree some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality (66)
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet (22)
- King County transit measure: Nobody’s favorite, but a favorite to win (31)
- Seattle Public Schools' maddening 'Blank Stare of Bureaucracy' (31)
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash? (15)
- Real state support for schools: A roadmap (8)
- Immigration activist Pramila Jayapal to run for state Senate (8)
- Legislature, Inslee clash, but to what purpose? (9)
- Why Google Fiber will never come to Seattle (47)
- Seattle's Police Chief search: Smooth sailing ahead (17)
Stories for Feb. 5, 2013
Commentary: The city has a history of having to retreat from density initiatives because developers make everyone angry with their exploitation of loopholes in rules. Herewith, a preventive prescription to encourage density and quality.READ MORE 37 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Obama picks REI's Jewell for Cabinet. Jose Banda not a pushover. Guilt-free plastic bags.
Garfield tests despite boycotts. Seattle pushes for a larger climate action plan. Thanks for the plastic bag, but is it legal?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Tough love for kids with guns draws crossfire from two sides.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
As President Obama welcomes new secretaries of Treasury, State and (hopefully) Defense, Ted Van Dyk looks at the critical role of presidential advisers - past and present.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The biggest clue? Skillet's Josh Henderson is eyeing a space.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A bumper crop of male mayoral candidates points up a mystery of Seattle politics: With so many other trailblazers, why don't we have any more women mayors?READ MORE 14 COMMENTS