A new bill, from Sen. Ed Murray, would do just that.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- Nebraska (the movie not the state)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights!
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
- 5 grownup heroes of foster care
Many thanks to Pat Boyle and Andrew Barker some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (80)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (39)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (30)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (62)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (21)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (74)
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (16)
- Thanksgiving: Is there still a place at the table for the Middle Class? (23)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district (10)
- Olympia's education efforts: Mid-course correction needed (7)
Stories for Feb. 5, 2013
Commentary: The city has a history of having to retreat from density initiatives because developers make everyone angry with their exploitation of loopholes in rules. Herewith, a preventive prescription to encourage density and quality.READ MORE 37 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Obama picks REI's Jewell for Cabinet. Jose Banda not a pushover. Guilt-free plastic bags.
Garfield tests despite boycotts. Seattle pushes for a larger climate action plan. Thanks for the plastic bag, but is it legal?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Tough love for kids with guns draws crossfire from two sides.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
As President Obama welcomes new secretaries of Treasury, State and (hopefully) Defense, Ted Van Dyk looks at the critical role of presidential advisers - past and present.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The biggest clue? Skillet's Josh Henderson is eyeing a space.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A bumper crop of male mayoral candidates points up a mystery of Seattle politics: With so many other trailblazers, why don't we have any more women mayors?READ MORE 14 COMMENTS