The new owner of The Herald and Seattle Weekly is point man for a controversial refinery at Kitimat, B.C, tapping Alberta oil sands. David Black makes his case, and talks about his Seattle publishing plans.READ MORE 14 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble?
- State faces historic budget challenges
- The Daily Troll: Murray needs a new press person. A tunnel through Edmonds? A bit of help for downtown homeless.
- The Rainier Ave. Problem
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel?
- Now Playing: Michael Keaton soars in "Birdman"
- Seattle genius tackles energy, healthcare and the future of computing
- King County Metro responds to driver bathroom break shortage
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything?
Many thanks to Allen Ressler and Beth Sellars some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Will Seattle tax itself into trouble? (45)
- The Daily Troll: Sound Transit ballot measure coming in 2016. Public utility workers in deep doo-doo. Amazon Travel? (35)
- State faces historic budget challenges (44)
- Eastside drivers likely to see I-405 express-lane tolls in a year (18)
- The Rainier Ave. Problem (24)
- Tax reform? There's a DIY movement for that (28)
- Will Capitol Hill's new arts district really do anything? (9)
- Too few bathroom breaks drove bus drivers to adult diapers (9)
- Penthouse "Apodments" and Homesteading Washington Park (34)
- State's marijuana income expected to get much higher (8)
Stories for Feb. 6, 2013
The Daily Troll: Coal's landslide of comments. Reaction to the be-Jewelled Cabinet. Everett paper sold.
Strong national reaction to Obama's choice of REI boss for Interior. Seattle media tsunami washes north. M's, Storm get bad news. Pardon, but did all 120,000 of you just saying something about coal?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The news anchor has been on air with King5 for nearly 50 years. What keeps her limber?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Boy Scouts gay policy decision will be contentious -- and led by a Mormon Eastsider.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Both President and Senate target two failed parts of the legal immigration system: bringing family members to America, and regulating the numbers of foreign-born workers in high-tech and agricultural.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The struggles for control in the Legislature draw in workers and employers for arguments about the opportunity to take time off. A classic standoff could be developing.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Canadian firm Teck Cominco used the Columbia River as a hazardous waste dump for about 60 years. What will it cost them?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
After a series of disappointments, the district is trying to rebuild community ties. Some parents are finding it hard to get back that trusting feeling.READ MORE 20 COMMENTS