The new owner of The Herald and Seattle Weekly is point man for a controversial refinery at Kitimat, B.C, tapping Alberta oil sands. David Black makes his case, and talks about his Seattle publishing plans.READ MORE 14 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Daily Troll: Gay principal files suit. Issaquah's embarrassing student racism. Washington Dem turns GOP.
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash?
- Why Stadium Place is the best new development in Seattle
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet
- Why Google Fiber will never come to Seattle
- Mark Penn's questionable road to Microsoft's Chief of Strategy
- Homeless bill furor has Republican senator looking to Inslee for help
- King County transit measure: Nobody’s favorite, but a favorite to win
- Legislature, Inslee clash, but to what purpose?
Many thanks to Jim Kneeland and Chuck Sloane some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality (64)
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet (22)
- King County transit measure: Nobody’s favorite, but a favorite to win (26)
- Seattle Public Schools' maddening 'Blank Stare of Bureaucracy' (31)
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash? (15)
- Real state support for schools: A roadmap (8)
- Legislature, Inslee clash, but to what purpose? (9)
- Why Google Fiber will never come to Seattle (47)
- Seattle's Police Chief search: Smooth sailing ahead (17)
- Immigration activist Pramila Jayapal to run for state Senate (7)
Stories for Feb. 6, 2013
The Daily Troll: Coal's landslide of comments. Reaction to the be-Jewelled Cabinet. Everett paper sold.
Strong national reaction to Obama's choice of REI boss for Interior. Seattle media tsunami washes north. M's, Storm get bad news. Pardon, but did all 120,000 of you just saying something about coal?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The news anchor has been on air with King5 for nearly 50 years. What keeps her limber?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Boy Scouts gay policy decision will be contentious -- and led by a Mormon Eastsider.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Both President and Senate target two failed parts of the legal immigration system: bringing family members to America, and regulating the numbers of foreign-born workers in high-tech and agricultural.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The struggles for control in the Legislature draw in workers and employers for arguments about the opportunity to take time off. A classic standoff could be developing.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Canadian firm Teck Cominco used the Columbia River as a hazardous waste dump for about 60 years. What will it cost them?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
After a series of disappointments, the district is trying to rebuild community ties. Some parents are finding it hard to get back that trusting feeling.READ MORE 20 COMMENTS