The new owner of The Herald and Seattle Weekly is point man for a controversial refinery at Kitimat, B.C, tapping Alberta oil sands. David Black makes his case, and talks about his Seattle publishing plans.READ MORE 14 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Crosscut Investigates: The new face of Seattle's booming sex industry
- Weyerhaeuser's new house
- Viral Video: Moving Mazama tells the tale of Tom Kundig's ill-placed home
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill pastor resigns. Resistance grows to ferry reservations. Beacon Hill test scores tossed.
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure
- Infographic: Washington's competing gun control initiatives
- The linkage fee trap
- The Daily Troll: Fees planned on new development. Mars Hill puts its message out. Ed Murray, Sawant should like their poll numbers.
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill lists Ballard spot for lease back. Claim against mayor's office. Vulcan to build Yesler housing.
- Death with dignity can be a natural process
Many thanks to Doug & Katherine Raff and Matt Griffin some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure (33)
- The linkage fee trap (41)
- Bike share rolls onto Seattle streets (116)
- Seattle City Council pushes forward on developer fees (19)
- Crosscut's 1st ever David Brewster Lifetime Achievement Award winner in courage (2)
- Murray stumps for Pre-K measure (15)
- What my grandmother's murder taught me about juvenile 'justice' (27)
- Infographic: Washington's competing gun control initiatives (10)
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill pastor resigns. Resistance grows to ferry reservations. Beacon Hill test scores tossed. (8)
- Weyerhaeuser's new house (7)
Stories for Feb. 6, 2013
The Daily Troll: Coal's landslide of comments. Reaction to the be-Jewelled Cabinet. Everett paper sold.
Strong national reaction to Obama's choice of REI boss for Interior. Seattle media tsunami washes north. M's, Storm get bad news. Pardon, but did all 120,000 of you just saying something about coal?READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The news anchor has been on air with King5 for nearly 50 years. What keeps her limber?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Boy Scouts gay policy decision will be contentious -- and led by a Mormon Eastsider.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Both President and Senate target two failed parts of the legal immigration system: bringing family members to America, and regulating the numbers of foreign-born workers in high-tech and agricultural.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The struggles for control in the Legislature draw in workers and employers for arguments about the opportunity to take time off. A classic standoff could be developing.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Canadian firm Teck Cominco used the Columbia River as a hazardous waste dump for about 60 years. What will it cost them?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
After a series of disappointments, the district is trying to rebuild community ties. Some parents are finding it hard to get back that trusting feeling.READ MORE 20 COMMENTS