Now it's up to Mayor Ed Murray to actually bump Jorge Carrasco's annual salary up to about $305,000.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Climate refugees are coming to the Pacific Northwest
- Puget Sound growth: Where will they all live?
- Brace yourself for climate refugees, Part 2
- In the belly of the Bertha
- The Seattle City Council's big chance to create affordable housing
- KC Sheriff watchdog's resignation was preceded by turmoil and complaints
- The man who made Seattle a brew town
- The Daily Troll: Bezos blasts off. Unfinished 787s stacking up in Everett. Fewer bus cuts may be needed.
- The Daily Troll: Microsoft lays off 747 here. Clint Didier: the new Davy Crockett? I-1351 gets a surprise.
- Assessing oil train hazards, city emergency officials call for tunnel upgrades
Many thanks to Michael Cousins and Jeri Jo Carstairs some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Puget Sound growth: Where will they all live? (35)
- Climate refugees are coming to the Pacific Northwest (27)
- Brace yourself for climate refugees, Part 2 (29)
- In the belly of the Bertha (22)
- The Seattle City Council's big chance to create affordable housing (13)
- A rider's review of Seattle's new 2nd Avenue bike lane (61)
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan (12)
- First Nations cross border to protect Salish Sea from oil shipments (4)
- Scary lessons for Bristol Bay from recent B.C. mine-waste accident (2)
- What the heck is human-centered design? (2)
Stories for June 16, 2014
The Department of Ecology hasn't put forward its new plan to regulate industrial runoff yet. But that's not stopping labor leaders from getting up-in-arms about it.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
In an effort to level the playing field - and avoid a rideshare referendum - Ed Murray tries to un-stifle Seattle transportation innovation.READ MORE 30 COMMENTS
Daily Troll: Murray lyfts rideshare cap. Amazon's new smartphone. Starbucks new college perk. Inslee tired of Canadian sewage.
Plus, Milstead Coffee makes USA Today "best of" list. And what the heck is in 5-Hour Energy?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The tech send-up has deepened into a hilariously crude and scalpel sharp buddy movie.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
At 9 percent, the Shelton School District's homeless rate is three times the state average, but there are no overnight shelters for kids under 18.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
Ocean acidification is turning phytoplankton toxic. Bad news for the many species - us, included - that rely on them as a principal source of food and oxygen.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS