Now it's up to Mayor Ed Murray to actually bump Jorge Carrasco's annual salary up to about $305,000.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Bertha mess: Did Seattle bring it on itself?
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha
- Seattle's affordable housing explained
- The Daily Troll: Another new stadium for Seattle? Restaurant ratings to get upgrade. Pioneer Square digging gets noisy.
- Welcome back to Boondogglia
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk.
- The Daily Troll: Comcast boosts internet speed. Google's top 2014 searches. Chief O'Toole looks for new assistant chiefs.
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low
- A crack in Pioneer Square's urban renewal
- The Daily Troll: The latest viaduct report. A possible HIV vaccine. A farewell to Toilet Paper Guy?
Many thanks to Robert Bolerjack and Tom Laurie some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling (94)
- The Bertha mess: Did Seattle bring it on itself? (54)
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha (58)
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low (34)
- Inslee wants to limit carbon emissions, help with budget challenges (8)
- Seattle's affordable housing explained (12)
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely (19)
- State can move forward on transportation -- by looking back (21)
- Most Read 2014 No. 10: The unspoken realities behind a King County Metro tax proposition (9)
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk. (4)
Stories for June 16, 2014
The Department of Ecology hasn't put forward its new plan to regulate industrial runoff yet. But that's not stopping labor leaders from getting up-in-arms about it.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
In an effort to level the playing field - and avoid a rideshare referendum - Ed Murray tries to un-stifle Seattle transportation innovation.READ MORE 30 COMMENTS
Daily Troll: Murray lyfts rideshare cap. Amazon's new smartphone. Starbucks new college perk. Inslee tired of Canadian sewage.
Plus, Milstead Coffee makes USA Today "best of" list. And what the heck is in 5-Hour Energy?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The tech send-up has deepened into a hilariously crude and scalpel sharp buddy movie.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
At 9 percent, the Shelton School District's homeless rate is three times the state average, but there are no overnight shelters for kids under 18.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
Ocean acidification is turning phytoplankton toxic. Bad news for the many species - us, included - that rely on them as a principal source of food and oxygen.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS