Now it's up to Mayor Ed Murray to actually bump Jorge Carrasco's annual salary up to about $305,000.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Weyerhaeuser move: A modern landmark's future in question
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound?
- As Capitol Hill deweirds, LGBTQ hate crime takes off
- 'The Mikado's' yellowface through the eyes of my Asian daughter
- The Daily Troll: Getting closer to working on Bertha. Dissident police raise new complaints. 'Tony Soprano' return?
- The Daily Troll: UW Bothell a good deal. Weyerhaeuser moving north on I-5. State making Viaduct progress.
- A promising moment for Seattle pedestrians
- Nuclear energy is here to stay
- Memo to Steve Ballmer: Lakeside School is not the Clippers
Many thanks to Chris Nelson and Dorian Muncey Interiors some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound? (32)
- 'Stand-up economist': How to be optimistic about climate (20)
- Nuclear energy is here to stay (14)
- Weyerhaeuser move: A modern landmark's future in question (15)
- Tight budgets force cuts to King County Public Health (12)
- Columbia City crash reveals dangers of density (12)
- Amgen: A lesson in state's tax break policy (17)
- Memo to Steve Ballmer: Lakeside School is not the Clippers (19)
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow? (48)
- A promising moment for Seattle pedestrians (8)
Stories for June 16, 2014
The Department of Ecology hasn't put forward its new plan to regulate industrial runoff yet. But that's not stopping labor leaders from getting up-in-arms about it.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
In an effort to level the playing field - and avoid a rideshare referendum - Ed Murray tries to un-stifle Seattle transportation innovation.READ MORE 30 COMMENTS
Daily Troll: Murray lyfts rideshare cap. Amazon's new smartphone. Starbucks new college perk. Inslee tired of Canadian sewage.
Plus, Milstead Coffee makes USA Today "best of" list. And what the heck is in 5-Hour Energy?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The tech send-up has deepened into a hilariously crude and scalpel sharp buddy movie.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
At 9 percent, the Shelton School District's homeless rate is three times the state average, but there are no overnight shelters for kids under 18.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
Ocean acidification is turning phytoplankton toxic. Bad news for the many species - us, included - that rely on them as a principal source of food and oxygen.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS