Now it's up to Mayor Ed Murray to actually bump Jorge Carrasco's annual salary up to about $305,000.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Tired of growth? Be careful what you wish for
- Seattle's dizzying change? Get used to it
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Primary tallies spell trouble for Democrats
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow?
- New city transportation head: Can he match the city's goals with its resources?
- The puzzling state of Washington's economy
- Councilmember Mike O'Brien jumps into micro-housing fight
- The Daily Troll: Microhousing gets a setback. A pitch for housing families. Bill Gates ices himself for Lou Gehrig's disease.
- Court says state can ax pension perks
Many thanks to Scott Kramer and Bailey Nieder some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Tired of growth? Be careful what you wish for (40)
- New city transportation head: Can he match the city's goals with its resources? (33)
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow? (23)
- Seattle's dizzying change? Get used to it (22)
- Kshama Sawant’s anti-Israel campaign (48)
- Primary tallies spell trouble for Democrats (15)
- The puzzling state of Washington's economy (8)
- Council leader irked with SDOT's dropping work on bike plan (12)
- The Daily Troll: Microhousing gets a setback. A pitch for housing families. Bill Gates ices himself for Lou Gehrig's disease. (11)
- Want to change international climate change policy? Use your body. (8)
Stories for June 16, 2014
The Department of Ecology hasn't put forward its new plan to regulate industrial runoff yet. But that's not stopping labor leaders from getting up-in-arms about it.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
In an effort to level the playing field - and avoid a rideshare referendum - Ed Murray tries to un-stifle Seattle transportation innovation.READ MORE 30 COMMENTS
Daily Troll: Murray lyfts rideshare cap. Amazon's new smartphone. Starbucks new college perk. Inslee tired of Canadian sewage.
Plus, Milstead Coffee makes USA Today "best of" list. And what the heck is in 5-Hour Energy?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The tech send-up has deepened into a hilariously crude and scalpel sharp buddy movie.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
At 9 percent, the Shelton School District's homeless rate is three times the state average, but there are no overnight shelters for kids under 18.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
Ocean acidification is turning phytoplankton toxic. Bad news for the many species - us, included - that rely on them as a principal source of food and oxygen.READ MORE 12 COMMENTS