Ballots are landing in mailboxes this week. What you should know about Proposition 1.READ MORE 33 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill lists Ballard spot for lease back. Claim against mayor's office. Vulcan to build Yesler housing.
- Weyerhaeuser's new house
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill pastor resigns. Resistance grows to ferry reservations. Beacon Hill test scores tossed.
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure
- Viral Video: Moving Mazama tells the tale of Tom Kundig's ill-placed home
- Former Mayor's Office press secretary files discrimination claim against city
- Bike share rolls onto Seattle streets
- Infographic: Washington's competing gun control initiatives
- Crosscut's 1st ever David Brewster Lifetime Achievement Award winner in courage
- Death with dignity can be a natural process
Many thanks to Deborah Bogin Cohen and Molly von Mitschke some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Bike share rolls onto Seattle streets (116)
- What you should know about Seattle's bus measure (33)
- Crosscut's 1st ever David Brewster Lifetime Achievement Award winner in courage (2)
- What my grandmother's murder taught me about juvenile 'justice' (27)
- Murray stumps for Pre-K measure (15)
- The linkage fee trap (10)
- Infographic: Washington's competing gun control initiatives (10)
- The Daily Troll: Mars Hill pastor resigns. Resistance grows to ferry reservations. Beacon Hill test scores tossed. (8)
- Democrats just can't get comfortable in the 30th District (13)
- Viral Video: Moving Mazama tells the tale of Tom Kundig's ill-placed home (5)
The Seattle Department of Transportation is looking at more buses, more frequent service and extensions to some existing lines.READ MORE 43 COMMENTS
King County transit workers shoot down a proposed labor agreement that would have frozen two years of pay.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Union leaders have recommended that transit workers vote in favor of a contract that would guarantee bathroom breaks but forego pay raises.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
A new book of poetry from a retired driver is a window into the trials -- and amusements -- of Metro drivers.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
We often plan our transportation future as if cost were no object.READ MORE 35 COMMENTS
The city and King County are looking at changes in how much of the operations Metro Transit must pay.READ MORE 44 COMMENTS
We already have a bumper crop of state and local entries for the biggest doozies of 2014.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: SPU hero has his say. Ballerina takes next leap. Lawmakers' food freebies may be put on diet.
Home-care workers to ride for $15.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Obama honors Bonney Lake native. A surprising Amazon patent. Murray offers Metro plan.
Sudden sinking feeling at Sea-Tac. Seeing red on Seattle streets.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: As we look for solutions to transit and road needs, it's important to understand that Metro Transit is making progress on financial and management issues.READ MORE 28 COMMENTS
There are lessons from the results that led to Proposition 1's failure that could help shape the next steps in financing bus service for Seattle and King County.READ MORE 54 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Ed Murray runs to catch the bus. Richard Sherman's $57 million deal. Attorney guilty in sex attacks.
Severed foot: latest of the mystery finds.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
In Snohomish County, a slowdown on moves to reduce landslide dangers. GiveBIG progress.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Police chief names leak out. One recipe for police reform. Seattle transit plan filed.
Amazon to deliver more than groceries. Water and State Archives: a bad combination.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Metro Transit boss tackles finance questions
Kevin Desmond talks about preparing for future downturns and what earlier recessions did to bus service.
- The Daily Troll: Percy Harvin traded to Jets. Starbucks' PR blitz. Diversity training for Microsoft.
- The Daily Troll: Temps, wildfires heat up. Will Microsoft layoffs be big? Summer fun, as long as you stay out of traffic.
- Ramps to Nowhere: A word on behalf of 'Seattle process'
- The Daily Troll: Prepare to be surprised on 520 bridge. Bell Street: Call that a 'park'? Frye Museum as launching pad.
- Ramps to Nowhere: Now we're getting Somewhere
- Senate goes to brink over Bertha, 520 bridge project overruns
- The Daily Troll: Murray looks at housing affordability. Ferry system: A job for Jay Inslee? More money for state parks?
- The Daily Troll: That whole ferry breakdown problem. Seattle's bike supremacy. V-O-T-E.
- Harry Hoffman, 61, a man of passions for urban farming, housing assistance and soccer
- Serving ferry riders takes priority over minor cosmetic work
- Paging Jay Inslee: What's with the rusting ferries?
- The Daily Troll: Calls for help on shootings. Local food: the app. Seeking the middle way? Don't look in Olympia.
- SeaTac $15 wage win tempered by recount, legal hurdles
- The next Seattle mayor needs to be a puzzlemaster
- Port of Seattle: The gang that can't shoot straight
- Jet noise jeopardy: Seattle’s skies will soon get quieter — except on Beacon Hill
- From the airport to Seattle: It doesn't look like you can get there from here
- The Daily Troll: A GOP-enhanced Seattle? Steinbrueck for mayor? And sympathy for zoo's elephants
- New city transportation head: Can he match the city's goals with its resources?
- Baby Bertha? Another tunnel-boring machine will soon start digging Seattle
- 2013's #8 Most-Read: How city wastes light rail in SE Seattle
- Daily Troll: Murray axing McGinn directors. Sound Transit in fast lane. Microsoft's Cybercrime irony.
- The Daily Troll: Boeing keeps pols on their toes. Del Bene to NSA: Back off. Sound Transit wants your ideas.
- Seattle politics: The making of a fed-up voter