How about buses and a community college? Murray and McGinn court voters and praise diversity in Southeast Seattle. But are they asking what Seattle hardest-scrabble district really needs?READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Meet the Districts
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- 5 grownup heroes of foster care
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place.
- Best Places guidebook, R.I.P.
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
Many thanks to Kathleen Brooker and C Deavel some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (81)
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (35)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (31)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (25)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (62)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (39)
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand (9)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (74)
- Pearl Harbor Day: 'We're at war against my relatives' (8)
- Meet the Districts (9)
Commentary: In this city, politicians once stood with the people. As the elections approach, it's clear that quality is all too rare these days.READ MORE 52 COMMENTS
State lawmakers asked to hear from people all over the state. Some trends are emerging.READ MORE 45 COMMENTS
GUEST OPINION: Buses, light rail, taxis, town cars - stalwarts in the transportation mix. But they don't meet all our environmentally-conscious, tech-savvy, urban transit needs.READ MORE 109 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Bradley Manning protests. Abortion required at public hospitals? App for a bus nap.
A wildfire forces more evacuations outside Leavenworth. Downtown car crash.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Veteran Metro driver Dewayne Thomas plays zookeeper to a menagerie of primates that delights passengers. But it's still tense for drivers after the downtown shooting.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: UW happy with budget. Burgess makes his endorsement. Worrying about transportation ramps up.
Weather advisories on both sides of the state. Computer trouble forces Alaska Airlines flight delays.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Inslee angry about new federal delays on Hanford nuclear cleanup. Traffic: You really thinking you're going to Portland?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Commentary: Does anyone responsible for guiding Southeast Seattle's transit-oriented renaissance have a clue what's going on there?READ MORE 72 COMMENTS
We've laid out our priorities. Now it's time for the vision thing. In a word: tolling.READ MORE 83 COMMENTS
It's time to talk about our favorite elephant in the room: Interstate 5.READ MORE 98 COMMENTS
Have commissioners and Don Benton gotten too wild and funky for Clark County? How deep are Chris Hansen's pockets? What do you think about Metro bus route cuts?READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
A father and child talk as they wait for a bus: Goldilocks, hydrogren bombs, a kiss between classmates.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The city has a backlog of needs and a growing employment base. But moving forward has to be mixed with catching up.READ MORE 70 COMMENTS
- The Daily Troll: Microsoft wants NSA rules. Bertha stuck. $15 wage recount results.
- Private garages, mobile apps and the quest to save waterfront parking
- Digging It: How to bore a tunnel, in pictures
- Digging It: As Bertha bores, tunnel geeks everywhere will be watching
- The Daily Troll: City, waterfront shops reach seawall pact. UW, Seattle U, and South CC all marked on map in explosives truck. Easier walk to the airport?
- Staying Alive: Will waterfront businesses survive the seawall?
- Transportation budgets: Does steady cut it?
- The 5 biggest roadblocks to great WA transportation
- Ferry godfathers: Two lawmakers want more oversight of Washington's fleet
- Island coalition clamors for more ferry boats
- Should Washington let other states build its ferries?
- The Daily Troll: Inslee is governor. And WTF, WSF?
- SeaTac $15 wage win tempered by recount, legal hurdles
- The next Seattle mayor needs to be a puzzlemaster
- Port of Seattle: The gang that can't shoot straight
- Jet noise jeopardy: Seattle’s skies will soon get quieter — except on Beacon Hill
- From the airport to Seattle: It doesn't look like you can get there from here
- The Daily Troll: A GOP-enhanced Seattle? Steinbrueck for mayor? And sympathy for zoo's elephants
- Daily Troll: Murray axing McGinn directors. Sound Transit in fast lane. Microsoft's Cybercrime irony.
- The Daily Troll: Boeing keeps pols on their toes. Del Bene to NSA: Back off. Sound Transit wants your ideas.
- Seattle politics: The making of a fed-up voter
- The Daily Troll: Bradley Manning protests. Abortion required at public hospitals? App for a bus nap.
- The Daily Troll: I-5 weekend carmageddon. Easier job search for ex-cons. Free day at state parks.
- How city wastes light rail in SE Seattle