The Eastern Washington city's quest to remake itself in the image of a smaller, more walkable town.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Daily Troll: Gay principal files suit. Issaquah's embarrassing student racism. Washington Dem turns GOP.
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash?
- Why Mars Hill was the perfect incubator for questionable naturopathy
- The Seattle photographer upending online education
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet
- Why KUOW cut programming to build listenership
- Both sides agree: Seattle rideshare rules 'a mess'
- Mark Penn's questionable road to Microsoft's Chief of Strategy
- The Legislature's e-cigarette tax showdown
Many thanks to Monte Enbysk and Raymond Gastil some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet (18)
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality (32)
- Lawmakers move toward setting education fixes in stone (31)
- Why KUOW cut programming to build listenership (46)
- Seattle Public Schools' maddening 'Blank Stare of Bureaucracy' (28)
- Seattle's Police Chief search: Smooth sailing ahead (16)
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash? (13)
- Why Mars Hill was the perfect incubator for questionable naturopathy (30)
- We can all get along: Bikers and drivers learn to share the road (19)
- Meet the Writers: Mapping Seattle's New Political Landscape (1)
Neighborhoods and Communities
A lament from the past highlights recent progress: Motorists are learning to accept cyclists, and biking is getting safer in Seattle.READ MORE 19 COMMENTS
Commentary: Does anyone responsible for guiding Southeast Seattle's transit-oriented renaissance have a clue what's going on there?READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Transit-driven development by Mount Baker Station has many pitfalls - and two potential silver linings.READ MORE 22 COMMENTS
Differing views about the virtues of density surround a City Council committee bill that would raise height limits around the Mount Baker light rail station.READ MORE 56 COMMENTS
How about buses and a community college? Murray and McGinn court voters and praise diversity in Southeast Seattle. But are they asking what Seattle hardest-scrabble district really needs?READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
In a big announcement today, Murray unveiled his latest backer and new visions for neighborhoods and maritime and industrial interests.READ MORE 17 COMMENTS
As the nation's largest public food forest takes shape on Beacon Hill, beans thrive on a busy commercial street.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Seattle's Biking Master Plan has focused most of its efforts on North Seattle, leaving the just-as-needy-but-less-wealthy neighborhoods down south to fend for themselves.READ MORE 55 COMMENTS
It's a juice bar, a flower stall, a reading room, a tapas joint. With his new strip mall parody - or is it homage? - Seattle's fav restaurant-repreneur re-imagines hanging out.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: Seattle's 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness didn't work. But new strategies, revenues and resolve can ensure that every Seattleite has a home.READ MORE 30 COMMENTS
Is Pike-Pine becoming Belltown? Are artists getting priced-out? Where is the center of gay culture in Seattle? The Hill wrestles with the complexities of change.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
A major makeover transforms Bainbridge Island's town center - in a really cool way.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
Book City: Miller has been an institution in the Seattle book business for 35 years. His picks for the best of the best in design, architecture and good reading.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
At a Town Hall gathering, Seattle's mayoral candidates all spoke about their love of the arts. What's new?READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
- 2013's #8 Most-Read: How city wastes light rail in SE Seattle
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district
- The Daily Troll: Airbus happy in Mobile. Seattle's slow to respond. An Incredible shrinking legislator.
- Apartment airlift in Belltown
- The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.
- The Daily Troll: State budget waiting for last-minute rush. Arsonist charged with fraud plot targeting witnesses in his case. 'Redskins' nickname voted out.
- Winslow (Un)Paves the Way
- The Chinese investors are coming
- Alley Movie Nights: Can you say urbanism without effort?
- Is Bellevue the new Vancouver?
- Long live the urban courtyard!
- Cubes of Air: The coming of Seattle's condos
- Seattle's P-Patch godfather ditched the gold rush for gardening
- Yuppie-free & horsedrawn: The original Seattle farmers market
- Move over McGinn: Seattle's original bike mayor
- Seattle drivers: Atrocious from the start
- Auto Reverie: The daze of Seattle's first cars