By combining new investment with careful preservation, Oakland has managed to modernize without sacrificing neighborhood character - and characters.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- Nebraska (the movie not the state)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights!
- Methow Valley: A commitment to no bad days
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
Many thanks to Virginia & George Gunby and Julian Simon some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (68)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (37)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (57)
- Proposal for height rezoning near Mount Baker station raises controversy (29)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (71)
- Thanksgiving: Is there still a place at the table for the Middle Class? (23)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (24)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (20)
- Why downtown would be safer as a surveillance state (34)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district (10)
Real Estate / Land Use
The Daily Troll: Airbus happy in Mobile. Seattle's slow to respond. An Incredible shrinking legislator.
Plus, Issaquah voters want to bring back plastic bags.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
This weekend, NHabit will stack 49 pre-fab apartments on a 3rd Avenue lot.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.
Density: Lot size matters.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The Tacoma Art Museum wants to be the "heart of the city." Its new wing is driving an enlightened downtown redevelopment.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Talking about the Berlin HIV cure.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A major makeover transforms Bainbridge Island's town center - in a really cool way.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
Book City: Miller has been an institution in the Seattle book business for 35 years. His picks for the best of the best in design, architecture and good reading.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Companies hope to get the city to think again at the idea of urban pot farms as big as a football field.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Commentary: Does anyone responsible for guiding Southeast Seattle's transit-oriented renaissance have a clue what's going on there?READ MORE 72 COMMENTS
International interest in the Eastside real-estate market may pose the potential for zombie neighborhoods, already a worry in Vancouver. But trading ideas about the shape of urban life is a rich part of our history.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Contemporary urban planning pros often ignore the naturally-occurring spontaneity of city life.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Guest opinion: It's time to stop carving up smaller and smaller slivers of neighborhood parcels. There's a better way to do it.READ MORE 17 COMMENTS
Commentary: The City Council is always prudent. Bold might work once in a while.READ MORE 17 COMMENTS
Guest opinion: An idea to maintain diversity and culture in South Lake Union amid a sea of development.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
- The Daily Troll: State budget waiting for last-minute rush. Arsonist charged with fraud plot targeting witnesses in his case. 'Redskins' nickname voted out.
- Winslow (Un)Paves the Way
- The Chinese investors are coming
- Alley Movie Nights: Can you say urbanism without effort?
- Is Bellevue the new Vancouver?
- Long live the urban courtyard!
- Seattle's Hotel de Gink
- Private garages, mobile apps and the quest to save waterfront parking
- The Daily Troll: Horace Mann emptied. "Greed" good for Mastros. 10 cops for $600K.
- Death of another corporate icon
- The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.
- A new loo for Seattle?
- Cubes of Air: The coming of Seattle's condos
- Seattle's P-Patch godfather ditched the gold rush for gardening
- Yuppie-free & horsedrawn: The original Seattle farmers market
- Move over McGinn: Seattle's original bike mayor
- Seattle drivers: Atrocious from the start
- Auto Reverie: The daze of Seattle's first cars