Finally, a few voices are being raised in support of Social Security, Medicare and hardworking Americans. And Sen. Patty Murray has a big role on the budget.READ MORE 23 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- Nebraska (the movie not the state)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights!
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
Many thanks to Jonathan Fine and Sherry Richardson some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (75)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (38)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (60)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (27)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (21)
- Proposal for height rezoning near Mount Baker station raises controversy (29)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (72)
- Thanksgiving: Is there still a place at the table for the Middle Class? (23)
- Why downtown would be safer as a surveillance state (34)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district (10)
Gov. Jay Inslee signed a pact with other governors and the head of the B.C. government. But where does that leave his own climate task force?READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.
Density: Lot size matters.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Today's fishery in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest grew out of the Alaska Purchase and the prodding of the state legislature by a feisty fisherman.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Tacoma Art Museum wants to be the "heart of the city." Its new wing is driving an enlightened downtown redevelopment.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The transformation of three Puget Sound cities heralds a bold new era in urban living.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The change from the "horseback world" of the author's childhood to the industrial West of today was swift and the environmental consequences devastating. “We have to change," says Kittredge. "We just have to.”READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A coal port's economic benefits are being underestimated, according to a Western Washington U. professor's report commissioned by the Washington Farm Bureau.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The endangered, huge-winged California condor was once a resident of the Pacific Northwest. Is it time to bring this endangered species back?READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Are we ready for a disaster? Lessons from the resilient, self-reliant and prepared Okies.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
Gold in them thar initiatives. Pebble Mine: Bad news for salmon.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
The withdrawal of Kinder Morgan from plans for coal exports from the Port of St. Helens still leaves other efforts in the works. And the company is hunting for other coal port sites.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: If you look at one study, the easy assumptions that exporting coal will harm the climate could prove backward. Two Stanford researchers raise a point worth looking at.READ MORE 18 COMMENTS
Like many other cities, Seattle, Edmonds and Marysville are alarmed at the prospect of massive coal trains and their effects on communities. Compounding it all, tracks are already reaching capacity or nearing it.READ MORE 14 COMMENTS
- Inslee leaps into West Coast climate agreement
- The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.
- Restoring NW wildlife: Come home, condor?
- The Chinese investors are coming
- The Daily Troll: Dems' 1st big mayor endorsement? An unexpected biker gang. Tim Eyman's pay.
- Hidden dangers at Pacific Coast oil refineries