Fifty years ago, the second largest earthquake ever recorded brought down easy assumptions.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it?
- The Daily Troll: Prepare to be surprised on 520 bridge. Bell Street: Call that a 'park'? Frye Museum as launching pad.
- Politics in Washington: Ready for an explosion
- The Daily Troll: Bertha's latest big dig delay. Metro Transit vote: Down to the wire. Habib seeks Eastside Senate spot.
- The Daily Troll: Inslee hires coal lobbyist. Metro escalator lessons. 'Absolutely True': Idaho students can read Alexie.
- The UX Doctor: Fixing Seattle's new parking meters
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians
Many thanks to Weldon Ihrig and Donna Totten some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green (33)
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (50)
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it? (28)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (28)
- New survey offers tips for implementing Seattle's new city council districts (12)
- Bertha's long hibernation: Still hope for an on-time finish? (19)
- Oil, coal, gas: Export proposals are growing (8)
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians (12)
- First Hill residents worry about Metro Transit cuts (15)
- Transit measure is crucial to region's economy (14)
Washington State Department of Transportation will close the viaduct on March 22, to take a closer look at damage near Seneca and Spring streets.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Atlantic Street Overpass will open on Monday, and workers are pouring concrete for approach roadways and making progress on the tunnel's south control center.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Sightings in the Seattle area and Colorado have raised hopes for a species that helps agriculture but seemed to have disappeared.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
After a rancorous process that pitted cabbies against app-based ridesharing services a council committee reveals a plan that would allow the tech companies to continue operating in Seattle.READ MORE 15 COMMENTS
Finally, a few voices are being raised in support of Social Security, Medicare and hardworking Americans. And Sen. Patty Murray has a big role on the budget.READ MORE 23 COMMENTS
Gov. Jay Inslee signed a pact with other governors and the head of the B.C. government. But where does that leave his own climate task force?READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.
Density: Lot size matters.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Today's fishery in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest grew out of the Alaska Purchase and the prodding of the state legislature by a feisty fisherman.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Tacoma Art Museum wants to be the "heart of the city." Its new wing is driving an enlightened downtown redevelopment.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The transformation of three Puget Sound cities heralds a bold new era in urban living.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The change from the "horseback world" of the author's childhood to the industrial West of today was swift and the environmental consequences devastating. “We have to change," says Kittredge. "We just have to.”READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
A coal port's economic benefits are being underestimated, according to a Western Washington U. professor's report commissioned by the Washington Farm Bureau.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The endangered, huge-winged California condor was once a resident of the Pacific Northwest. Is it time to bring this endangered species back?READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Are we ready for a disaster? Lessons from the resilient, self-reliant and prepared Okies.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
- How Alaska's quake changed the Northwest's outlook on disaster
- Inslee leaps into West Coast climate agreement
- The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.
- Restoring NW wildlife: Come home, condor?
- The Chinese investors are coming
- The Daily Troll: Dems' 1st big mayor endorsement? An unexpected biker gang. Tim Eyman's pay.