With the assist of a friendly Conservative government in Canada, Big Energy wins a skirmish. How will it affect the larger battle over coal and oil exports?READ MORE 32 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Puget Sound growth: Where will they all live?
- Climate refugees are coming to the Pacific Northwest
- Brace yourself for climate refugees, Part 2
- The Seattle City Council's big chance to create affordable housing
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan
- The man who made Seattle a brew town
- KC Sheriff watchdog's resignation was preceded by turmoil and complaints
- The Daily Troll: Bezos blasts off. Unfinished 787s stacking up in Everett. Fewer bus cuts may be needed.
- In the belly of the Bertha
- 7 Seattle restaurants closing up shop
Many thanks to Viki Draper and Thomas Walsh some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Puget Sound growth: Where will they all live? (34)
- Climate refugees are coming to the Pacific Northwest (26)
- Brace yourself for climate refugees, Part 2 (29)
- In the belly of the Bertha (17)
- Sunk: City cuts swimming pool barge from waterfront design plan (10)
- A rider's review of Seattle's new 2nd Avenue bike lane (66)
- The Seattle City Council's big chance to create affordable housing (12)
- First Nations cross border to protect Salish Sea from oil shipments (4)
- Scary lessons for Bristol Bay from recent B.C. mine-waste accident (2)
- What the heck is human-centered design? (2)
For a longhaired 17-year-old or a mature Mossback, the experience of a road trip is healthy, educational and jet lag-free.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
Fifty years ago, the second largest earthquake ever recorded brought down easy assumptions.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Washington State Department of Transportation will close the viaduct on March 22, to take a closer look at damage near Seneca and Spring streets.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Atlantic Street Overpass will open on Monday, and workers are pouring concrete for approach roadways and making progress on the tunnel's south control center.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Sightings in the Seattle area and Colorado have raised hopes for a species that helps agriculture but seemed to have disappeared.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
After a rancorous process that pitted cabbies against app-based ridesharing services a council committee reveals a plan that would allow the tech companies to continue operating in Seattle.READ MORE 15 COMMENTS
Finally, a few voices are being raised in support of Social Security, Medicare and hardworking Americans. And Sen. Patty Murray has a big role on the budget.READ MORE 23 COMMENTS
Gov. Jay Inslee signed a pact with other governors and the head of the B.C. government. But where does that leave his own climate task force?READ MORE 12 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.
Density: Lot size matters.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Today's fishery in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest grew out of the Alaska Purchase and the prodding of the state legislature by a feisty fisherman.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Tacoma Art Museum wants to be the "heart of the city." Its new wing is driving an enlightened downtown redevelopment.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The transformation of three Puget Sound cities heralds a bold new era in urban living.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The change from the "horseback world" of the author's childhood to the industrial West of today was swift and the environmental consequences devastating. “We have to change," says Kittredge. "We just have to.”READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Tim Egan: New American West is urban, high-tech and eco-friendly
It's exactly the opposite of the vision of the Koch brothers, who run a Montana ranch but fail to boss around the politicians of the region.
- California: Always shining a bit brighter than Seattle
- Ballmer buys LA team: A seismic dropping of NW jaws
- How Alaska's quake changed the Northwest's outlook on disaster
- Inslee leaps into West Coast climate agreement
- The Daily Troll: Violate our government shutdown? Take this ticket. Different ways to tackle guns. Street lounges on 3rd Ave.
- Restoring NW wildlife: Come home, condor?