Johnpaul Jones has shaped major projects from the Northwest to the nation's capital.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Facelift for 2nd Avenue's bike death trap
- The Daily Troll: Leavenworth fire danger balloons. Microsoft's big goodbye. Legislature's (un)popularity.
- Dazed and confused in Seattle's medical marijuana business
- I'm a recovering Mars Hill true believer
- A big hole in NW diversity
- Microsoft and the Smartphone Problem
- Could BP turn Bellingham into a Northwest oil export capital?
- Control of Olympia: It's a primary free-for-all
- The Daily Troll: Wildfires destroy close to 100 homes. Seattle picks Marysville retiree as interim school superintendent. China's online giant looking at Seattle.
Many thanks to Don Stark and Leslie Smith some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Seattle may need to pick up more costs on South Lake Union streetcar (43)
- Why Seattle's future and its parks are better with yes on Prop 1 (57)
- Tim Eyman: Democrats shouldn't repeat 2010 tax-hike debacle in 2015 (20)
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown (37)
- A big hole in NW diversity (19)
- Five ways your medical insurance defines deductible (8)
- Facelift for 2nd Avenue's bike death trap (25)
- Bellevue abandons affordable housing in shiny Spring District (18)
- What have Amazon's drones done for you lately? (10)
- The Daily Troll: Leavenworth fire danger balloons. Microsoft's big goodbye. Legislature's (un)popularity. (12)
- What the Carlton Complex wildfire left behind
- Police body cameras: An idea whose time hasn't come. Yet.
- Columbia River: Why it may be time to let some dams tumble
Spurred by a derailment in Seattle, people turn out for a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers meeting.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Mold yourself into a superhero (action version).READ MORE COMMENT NOW
None of the Bakken crude oil it was carrying escaped, and the cause of the accident is under investigation.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: Have voters have changed their minds on higher taxes? The initiative guru on what happened the last time Olympia went "hog wild" raising taxes.READ MORE 20 COMMENTS
City Light boss: No one is perfect.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
Amateur dancers schooled by Seattle's top choreographers, tide pool spelunking and the best of Capitol Hill Block Party.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Rains raise new worries in Central Washington. For sale: big office buildings. Lost dog found, 2,000 miles away.
Bellevue doctor faces property seizure effort by DEA.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Obama administration keeps recycling Bush-era Columbia River policies, and it keeps losing. What's the deal?READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
A new plan reduces impacts on wetlands, but train traffic could speed up.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Tough talk from Kshama Sawant and others at annual gathering of Western Washington Physicians for a National Health Program.READ MORE 9 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Fire crews leery of new blazes. Historic recognition for pot purchase. A letter from school.
City Light boss might be on the hot seat in front of Sawant committee.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The court will monitor foster care reform until the state meets all the requirements from the '98 Braam v. Washington suit.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
The Airbnb guest who came to stay
Under some state laws, renters acquire the right to stay pending formal eviction proceedings. In California, that happens after just 30 days.
Eugene Robinson: Israel is ceding moral ground
"I support Israel. I abhor Hamas. But unleashing such devastating firepower on a tiny, densely crowded enclave in which civilians are trapped — and thus destined to become casualties — is wrong by any reasonable moral standard."
Republicans have strong U.S. Senate candidates
Fred Barnes: Primary choices helped the GOP immeasurably in the quest to regain control of the Senate.
Washington ranks No. 18 in well-being of children
Kids in Washington may have higher standards of living than children in other states like California and Texas, but our state's ranking is nothing to gloat about.
Is Sarah Palin training for NASCAR?
Probably not. But she did get a speeding ticket. She said she was just "qualifying."
- The Daily Troll: BNSF oil cars derail. Zillow eyes a purchase of its own. Boeing cuts challenged.
- The Daily Troll: Rains raise new worries in Central Washington. For sale: big office buildings. Lost dog found, 2,000 miles away.
- The Daily Troll: Fire crews leery of new blazes. Historic recognition for pot purchase. A letter from school.