Will Amazon drones soon fill the skies? Doubtful. But after Jeff Bezos' surprise announcement, parodies sure filled up the Internet.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization?
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
- Nebraska (the movie not the state)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights!
- The Daily Troll: Sarkisian leaves UWhatsitsname for USC. Good omen for Sawant's future. Amazon drones on.
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district
- A mayoral to-do list for Ed Murray
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker?
Many thanks to Tom & Virginia Luce and Patricia Patterson some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (77)
- Is Boeing a terrorist organization? (39)
- 10 big challenges await Mayor Murray (60)
- Boeing v. Machinists: Time for an Inslee-vention (28)
- Biweekly Seattle trash pick ups: A stinker? (21)
- Bike bullies: Turn off those blinking lights! (73)
- Thanksgiving: Is there still a place at the table for the Middle Class? (23)
- Proposal for height rezoning near Mount Baker station raises controversy (29)
- Lessons from Oakland's waterfront district (10)
- Olympia's education efforts: Mid-course correction needed (7)
- Letter from South Africa
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place.
- The Daily Troll: Baseball star headed this way? Changes in Olympia. A bridge to Oregon?
The legendary Northwest architect died this week at age 96. But his brand of warmed up modernism lives on.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
BPA scandal could be deepening.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
A new dance performance at On the Boards finds power and inspiration in a Florida school board shooting.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Plus, Town Hall welcomes artist Ellen Forney and geologist David Montgomery and folk singers Sera Cahoone and Tomo Nakayama rock the acoustics at St. Mark's.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Foster care's no picnic, but this collection of public policy wonks and legal activists is working to get kids in foster care the support they need.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The police managers union says a council-led effort to allow the chief of police to hire assistant and deputy chiefs from elsewhere should move to the bargaining table.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: A new study could chart better ways to dealing with the needs of the aging and the disabled. But our record isn't promising.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Making nice on the Olympic Peninsula. A new Homeland Security grant is not quite ready for prime time.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
With the two sides not speaking and more than a dozen states courting Boeing, the governor may be our last hope to keep the 777X in Washington.READ MORE 28 COMMENTS
They also make their support for Jamie Pedersen as a state senator official. He will replace Ed Murray, Seattle's mayor-elect.READ MORE 7 COMMENTS
By combining new investment with careful preservation, Oakland has managed to modernize without sacrificing neighborhood character - and characters.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
Guest Opinion: The Startup Seattle initiative made its way into the city's annual budget last month. One council member says it needed more careful review.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Why new Huskies coach banned Twitter
The new Huskies coach doesn't let players use Twitter. He says, "it can be emotional, and all of a sudden they hit that send button and five minutes later, they’re going, ‘Oh.’"
The Atlantic interviews UW President Michael Young
Alexis Madrigal talks about online learning and the future of higher ed with University of Washington's Michael Young.
Obama to allow eagle casualties in wind industry
In a trade-off designed to help the wind industry, the Obama administration will legalize the deaths of eagles that unknowingly fly into wind turbines.
Awkward! What can conservatives say about Mandela?
They used to call him a terrorist or a communist (and some still do). Rick Santorum's strategy: Blame Obama for U.S. apartheid (the Affordable Care Act, of course).
Seattle's coldest days are yet to come
Temperatures in some parts of Western Washington will reach the single digits this weekend. Snow may be close behind.
Sat, Dec 7, midnight