It was obvious for all to see yesterday, Jan. 12, that the Seahawks weren't prepared for the Packers and their snowstorm. But coming from the rainy, temperate Northwest, how could they have been?
Easy. Here's what they should do next year if they find themselves headed for Green Bay or any other upper-Midwest or northeastern outdoor stadium in January:
- Refrigerate the indoor practice field.
- Rent snowmaking machines.
- Buy crampons, cross-country skis, ice axes, and GPS devices at REI.
- Give the running backs the crampons. Put the receivers on cross-country skis. Give the linemen ice axes. Program the goal-line coordinates and playbook routes into the GPS devices.
- Turn on the snowmaking machines inside the practice facility and go to work.