I spent the day as hausfrau/mommy/working from home. Waited around with bated breath for the dishwasher to be installed and attended two different kid performances (culture at its finest). I was just going to wear the T-shirt, but it was too dang cold, so I added the sweater mid-morning. I'm tired of being cold. Did we skip spring/summer altogether?
Oh yeah, I had to build around the hat today — still resting the hair (no wash). I have fine, wavy hair that does not like to be washed every day. It rebels with frizz and flat, which is a very unattractive combo. Besides, I am a total wimp and get too cold if I go outside with wet hair when it is not 70 degrees or warmer. Note: It's handy having a fun hat to wear on frumpy days. This particular hat garners many comments from "Cool hat!" to "Howdy!" to "Wow, a cowboy hat? Huh."
- Boring (I mean basic), brown v-neck T-shirt (two years old, JCrew outlet, $10)
- Oh so sensible, Charter Club black cardigan (two years old, Macy's, $29.98)
- Dark wash Levis 515 jeans (two months old, Kohl's, $29.99 sale + $12 to shorten to cropped length)
- Groovy gold gladiator sandals (three years old, Target, $15)
- Howdy! Don't look at my hair, straw cowboy hat (two months old, Grand Canyon gift shop, $35)
- Large as I can stand it gold hoops (one year old, Target, $30)
- Copper "Wonder Woman" cuff (two years old, some cheapo shop on Capitol Hill, $6 sale)