Today was a crazy day full of school performance, playdates, kid fun, and book group. I just wanted to grab something easy and casual to wear. I also needed something that would be warm enough for the cool morning and cool enough for a lovely afternoon.
I bought these Loeffler Randall black patent flats at Target, back in February in anticipation of summer, but suffered some buyer's remorse when I got home. I admit that I was sucked in by the "celebrity" name on them, but just wasn't sure I liked them all that much with my clothes. I ended up keeping them and have been very happy with them after all. They have a classic line, a saucy peep-toe, and ooooh, they're shiny. At eluxury.com this particular shoe, from Loeffler Randall, sells for $425. The best news for people who don't already own a pair: The knock-off of their own design is currently selling for $7.49 at Target.com.
- Light, cotton, hot-pink striped shirt (owned at least three years, unknown store, most likely cheap. I forced myself to buy a bright color.)
- Boring (I mean basic), white v-neck T-shirt (three months' old, J.Crew Outlet, $10)
- Audrey Hepburn-esque, black cropped chino pants (bought one month ago at J.Crew, $69 sale)
- Loeffler Randall "designer" black patent flats (four months' old, Target, $29.99, but now selling at a discount)
- "My sucker boyfriend let me pick my own gift" big pearl earrings (22 years old, Bloomingdale's, free)