Would the Northwest be as great a place to live without independent, non-partisan sources for news?
At Crosscut, we think not. Our not-for-profit mission is to sustain a strong, professional news corps. A place where timely insight and analysis about the region’s most pressing issues are a given. Where great ideas are given serious consideration regardless of where they came from.
Where people are equipped with the information and the tools they need to form their own opinions, and are inspired to make our region a global model for sustainable 21st century living.
This is our vision for publicly supported, non-partisan news in the Northwest; and we rely on you, who care about the future of our community, to help us achieve it.
Today, we launch our Fall Member Drive. The goal is to raise $45,000 to support the expansion of Crosscut’s coverage in three areas: politics and policy, technology and business and arts and culture.
Please make a gift today to help us reach that goal — and put more Northwest news at your fingertips.
The kind of quality, in-depth coverage we’re talking about — the kind you expect and deserve — doesn’t come cheap. But it doesn’t take much from each one of you to make it possible:
- Your gift of $4.50 a month ($50 a year) could help us distribute two daily newsletters.
- Your gift of $10 a month ($120 a year) could support the research necessary to analyze a complex local issue.
- Your gift of $25 a month ($300 a year) could fund a Community Input Meeting, where we learn what issues are important in your neighborhood.
- Your gift of $40 a month ($500 a year) could pay for a day’s coverage of the state Legislature.
- Your gift of $100 a month ($1200 a year) could underwrite coverage of business and technology for a week.
- Your gift of $200 a month ($2500 a year) could support a full day’s slate of (six) stories on Crosscut.com, from background research to reporting, writing, editing, photography and production.
Crosscut is more than just a news source. It’s a cause for people who care about the quality of life in our region. Help us provide you with the intel you need to be an engaged player in the Northwest’s civic life.
Thank you for your support,