We’re 32% of the way to our Spring Member Drive goal! Here’s why readers like you say they’re supporting Crosscut:
“Essential reading to understand our regions.” - Ross Reynolds
“The substance, depth, and intelligence that consistently informs Crosscut makes me want to support it.” - Joan Fiset
“The highest quality local and Northwest news in any medium.” - Robert Hinrix
“Crosscut is a key resource for timely; local; critical issues. I look forward to each mornings news insights with in depth analysis and opinion. I am pleased with the new partnership between two great community treasures - KCTS and Crosscut.” - Bob Anderson
The truth is, there is no Crosscut without you. That’s why past support from our readers has made such an impact. It was Crosscut readers who sent Tom James to Olympia to cover the partisan wrangling within state government, and Crosscut readers made it possible for David Kroman to spend time the past four months researching and reporting on Seattle’s East African community and the death of Donnie Chin.
Can we count on you to become a member today so that we can continue to bring you the intel you need to be an engaged player in the Northwest’s civic life?
It’s our Spring Member Drive, and we’re 23% of the way toward our goal of engaging 400 new or renewing members.
Reaching this goal keeps our journalists digging to give you the intel you need to shape our region!
If we can engage 400 new or renewing Crosscut members during our Spring Member Drive, our editorial team will have the support they need to dig deep into local policies around transportation and education, explore unasked questions of how and why our region’s culture is evolving and bring you the intel you need to take action.
Will you renew your support of Crosscut and local, independent journalism today?
What does it mean to be a Crosscut member? It means you make it possible for our journalists to write the stories our region needs to hear. Here’s the kind of impact you can make with a monthly gift:
- With a $5/month membership, you help give our reporters time to dig deep in their research before writing a story. This leads to the reliable, fact-based coverage you read on Crosscut. As a thank you, you’ll receive a Crosscut window decal.
- For $10/month, you make it possible for us to partner on community events such as our monthly Civic Cocktail, or our recent gatherings focused on ethnic media and virtual reality. With this gift, you’ll receive a Crosscut/KCTS9 thumb drive.
- When you give $25/month, you provide enough support to produce one of our long-form, in-depth feature articles, and we’ll send you a Big Bertha Tote Bag, which says “when we dig deep, it goes somewhere.”
- With a gift of $50/month, you enable us to team up with a videographer to produce a video segment that runs with our written coverage, and as a thank you, our team will hand-deliver a fruit pie to your office!
- For $100/month, you fund a three-month editorial internship so that we can train the next generation of journalists, and you’ll have a reserved seat at the exclusive Quarterly Editor’s Roundtable with Crosscut Editor-in-Chief Greg Hanscom.
- With a $200/month gift, you underwrite a month’s worth of legislative coverage, and we’ll reserve a VIP Table for you and 9 guests at the 2016 Courage Awards.
In addition, as a member you’ll receive discounts on all Crosscut events, have the opportunity to be featured in the donor section of the Crosscut website, and receive special invitations to exclusive events with local civic leaders.
Become a sustaining member today!