Development Media Producer
Work with a fun, creative team to execute development and pledge productions for Cascade Public Media. Produces short and long form content to support the fundraising activities of the Northwest’s premiere public media brand.
Qualified applicants please apply here.
Cascade Public Media strives to promote diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in our content and across all of our brands. Diversity is more than a commitment—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside a fun, collaborative team to execute development/pledge video productions for all Cascade Public Media brands including KCTS 9, Crosscut, and Hive Media Lab.
- Project manage from concept to completion, projects including pledge program content development campaigns, and sales (underwriting) spots for sponsors.
- Direct crew, on-camera talent and voiceover recording sessions.
- Research and find details and assets from multiple resources and platforms with meticulous attention to detail, innovation and follow-through.
- Assist with hiring and overseeing on-screen and production talent; work with outside vendors and rental houses.
- Execute all stages of video production including concept development, script writing, scheduling, budgeting, storyboarding, filming, post-production, graphic design development, and delivering for broadcast, web and/or social media.
- Produce membership spots, local pledge breaks, along with any additional short-form content, image and underwriting creative for development team.
- Edit creative content for on-air, web, and social media,
- Work primarily with members of the Development team, but will liaise with all departments including Marcom, Design, Traffic and Content.
- Work closely with Membership Director and team to develop new and engaging ideas for membership and development strategy.
- Deliver completed interstitial materials and related information to Master Control and social.
- Ensure work orders and activities are properly charged to project budgets.
- Maintain archive of interstitial elements for future re-use as appropriate.
- Balance and manage conflicting requests from multiple departments, ensuring that the best quality product is produced.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, advertising or equivalent experience.
- Experience in video production for fundraising and development strongly preferred.
- or more years of experience in TV broadcast production or as video marketing producer.
- Experience as a promotion or development copywriter preferred.
- Video editing experience required. Familiarity with AVID systems and Adobe Creative Suite desired.
- Please provide a demo reel for consideration.
- Working knowledge of color grading and audio editing software preferred.
- Understanding of processing, editing and transferring video files across platforms.
- On-location video production experience and videography skills preferred.
- Ability to work with on-camera talent and non-professional performers. Interview skills a plus.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Ability to view data on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to regularly type on a keyboard.
- bility to work a varied schedule on occasion, including evening, weekends, and some holidays
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background