The nonprofit Cascade Public Media group helps expand community participation through our PBS member station KCTS 9, our digital news site, Crosscut and our year-round events. We help Northwest people learn, grow and make a difference.
Qualified applicants please apply here.
We are seeking one Promotion Team intern for Summer 2019. This is a paid internship, 15 hours per week, for 3 months starting in the Summer (July 2019). The Intern will receive a stipend of $1,500.00 per quarter (paid out as $500.00 per month) to assist with living expenses such as food, transportation and rent during the internship.
CPM is seeking a student intern to support video production with the broadcast promotion team. This is a great opportunity to get first-hand experience in developing and producing video campaigns that will be featured on-air and online. Student will work directly with media producers and gain valuable professional experience for potential career paths in the television/marketing/multimedia industry. The intern will assist with a variety of campaigns including but not limited to program promotion; pledge production; membership, image and underwriting spots.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with research to support campaign development
- Assist producers on field shoots and in the studio
- Assist with pulling music from music libraries for promo use
- Sit in on edit sessions as assigned and help log media
- Assist with writing scripts and pledge breaks
- Assist in uploading media for review and coordinating with social and web teams for KCTS9.org
- Assist with graphics and animation for on-air spots
- Assist with or develop projects which contribute to intern’s professional portfolio; topic(s) to be mutually agreed upon between the intern and supervisor and should be relevant to the scope of the promotion team
- Intern will have the opportunity to pitch and produce at least one video or campaign idea for possible distribution on KCTS9.org, or on social media
To be eligible for a CPM Internship, students must meet the following minimum requirements (along with position-specific requirements):
- Current enrollment in a course of study at an institution of higher learning, such as college, community college or vocational school
- Current enrollment in a program that leads to a degree; certificate or diploma programs are not eligible
- Possess a minimum GPA of 2.5 for sophomores, juniors and seniors (Graduate students will not be considered)
- Receiving school credit for the internship is strongly preferred
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background.