Two Washington lawmakers support anti-fed rancher in Nevada. Portland flushes 38 million gallons of water.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The UX Doctor: Fixing Seattle's new parking meters
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Politics in Washington: Ready for an explosion
- How to destroy a perfectly good police department
- Police discipline: Trying to quell a crisis
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- Washington's White River, 8th most endangered in the land
- Fight for state Senate control could enter unknown territory
- What if two wildly different gun initiatives both win voter approval?
- The Daily Troll: Rodney Tom passes on re-election try. $15 initiative filed. Big spending to stop rideshare rules.
Many thanks to Tuck Shouse and John Platt some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (41)
- Fed up with Olympia: Can smaller class sizes make the ballot? (43)
- The UX Doctor: Fixing Seattle's new parking meters (17)
- Paying for city parks: District v. levy (31)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (13)
- Seattle's creepy Donut Shop: The inside story (12)
- First Hill residents worry about Metro Transit cuts (8)
- Politics in Washington: Ready for an explosion (6)
- Police discipline: Trying to quell a crisis (6)
- Washington's White River, 8th most endangered in the land (6)
- Member Drive Countdown: T-minus 6 days
- The Weekend List: The arts and culture guide to Seattle's good life
- First Hill residents worry about Metro Transit cuts
Ballard's Jazz Walk, Seattle DIY rock, Carla Korbes' dreamy PNB return and teen slam poetry to make you swoon.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The outcome of countywide voting could have big effects in a dense, busy neighborhood.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
The chef and writer on which of his books are tattered beyond recognition -- and which never made it off his bedside table.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The Daily Troll: Inslee hires coal lobbyist. Metro escalator lessons. 'Absolutely True': Idaho students can read Alexie.
How to ruin a beautiful day at a park.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Tim Sheldon is cool about being left alone in a room of Republicans when Rodney Tom departs.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
Commentary: King County Metro wants more taxes to maintain existing bus service. What it really needs is better management and more oversight.READ MORE 41 COMMENTS
A new poll shows majority support for both dueling gun measures that will be on the November ballot.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Voters like gun initiatives. Evergreen State to lose president. Pot in vending machines?
Darrington's Green Mountain Lookout: Safe, but access-challenged.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
While it's being treated as a local issues, a fight in Oregon over old-growth logging could create larger threats for spotted owls and even other endangered species.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
Working on last year's commercial fishing series reminded me how much I value Crosscut.READ MORE
The American Rivers organization put the White River on its annual Most Endangered list. Why? The old Buckley Diversion Dam.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
Proponents of Mayor Murray’s metropolitan parks district proposal say an independent Parks Board would be prone to inefficiency and conflict. Others aren’t so sure.READ MORE COMMENT NOW
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Berlin court slams Uber rideshare's breaking of rules
The company is facing troubles internationally as well as in U.S. cities like Seattle.
Chelsea Clinton says she's pregnant
Bill and Hillary had been campaigning to be grandparents.
U.S., Russia reach Ukraine deal
Secretary of State Kerry calls the agreement a "first step" toward avoiding a disaster.
Nobel winning author Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
He is considered the most popular author writing in Spanish since the 17th century.
How to preserve Seattle's special places and embrace change? Avoid apathy
Mark Peterson, principal of a technology and media PR firm, calls for community engagement on all sides: activist, techie, or whoever you may be.
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- The Daily Troll: Inslee hires coal lobbyist. Metro escalator lessons. 'Absolutely True': Idaho students can read Alexie.
- The Daily Troll: Voters like gun initiatives. Evergreen State to lose president. Pot in vending machines?