They're symptoms of a much bigger WSDOT problem.READ MORE 27 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo
- The Daily Troll: Ross Hunter rejects Senate run. Bellevue fires a cop. Dan Lewis leaving KOMO.
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it?
- The Daily Troll: Prepare to be surprised on 520 bridge. Bell Street: Call that a 'park'? Frye Museum as launching pad.
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure
- The Daily Troll: Bertha's latest big dig delay. Metro Transit vote: Down to the wire. Habib seeks Eastside Senate spot.
- Politics in Washington: Ready for an explosion
- The Daily Troll: Inslee hires coal lobbyist. Metro escalator lessons. 'Absolutely True': Idaho students can read Alexie.
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians
Many thanks to M A Leonard and David and Marcia Regnier some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Earth Day: Real environmentalists are conservative. And live where it's green (36)
- Prop 1: What King County Metro hopes you won't notice (51)
- Seattle parks plan: Why does City Council want to control it? (28)
- Seattle neighborhoods in limbo (28)
- New survey offers tips for implementing Seattle's new city council districts (12)
- Metro Transit cuts ahead as vote goes heavily against tax measure (17)
- Bertha's long hibernation: Still hope for an on-time finish? (20)
- Oil, coal, gas: Export proposals are growing (8)
- What 1 lucky Seattle immigrant's case can teach politicians (12)
- First Hill residents worry about Metro Transit cuts (15)
A plan to end New York's famed carriage rides raises the question for cities, including Seattle and its own horse-drawn heritage.READ MORE 10 COMMENTS
There's lots of stuff beneath the Seattle waterfront. Shipwrecks, ancient boulders and bones and lots of water. Any - or none - of it could be getting in Big Bertha's way.READ MORE 30 COMMENTS
The outgoing mayor sits down with Crosscut to talk political faux pas, the new political landscape and why the city council is starting to scramble.READ MORE 16 COMMENTS
We're not sure how nice he's been this year, but Mossback Knute Berger has a Christmas shopping list to make any heritage nut purr.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Could we see Nickels or McGinn back in City Hall? Three Comeback Mayors of Seattle's distant past.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
Paying top dollar for his own staff, Murray will be watched closely on his $15 an hour minimum wage promise.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
The shape of city council politics to come is written into our new council districts. Here’s a look at the political personality of each.READ MORE 18 COMMENTS
Hey, Mayor Murray. Mow the lawn. And do something about public safety.READ MORE 6 COMMENTS
It's not the only corporation whose practices may be getting too sweet treatment from politicians here.READ MORE 39 COMMENTS
Washington was a progressive hot bed at the turn of the 20th century. With gay marriage, legal pot, $15 an hour wages and Kshama Sawant, we may be poised to do it again.READ MORE 22 COMMENTS
There are strategies to pursue, including more higher education. But we also need to decide our goals.READ MORE 28 COMMENTS
Roots of Tomorrow: The glory and drama of Seattle's condo uprising.READ MORE 15 COMMENTS
From Bellevue to South Lake Union, our leading companies are seeking an advantage in crowded neighborhoods.READ MORE 14 COMMENTS