Governor for life in Oregon? Well, maybe one more term. Pot for your pets?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Meet the Districts
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley
- Council moves toward yanking weekly trash service
- The many, the well paid, the Murray hires
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place.
- Best Places guidebook, R.I.P.
- Murray announces barrage of new hires
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand
- The Daily Troll: Patty Murray delivers on budget. Bike plan to get comments spinning. Inslee submits Boeing bid.
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail
Many thanks to Judi Beck & Tom Alberg and Roger George some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Climate panel heats up. Result: frozen in place. (46)
- One-track mind: the return of the monorail (85)
- City deicer error blamed for West Seattle Bridge mess (13)
- Council moves toward yanking weekly trash service (16)
- The many, the well paid, the Murray hires (13)
- Pearl Harbor Day: 'We're at war against my relatives' (13)
- A towering controversy in the Rainier Valley (38)
- The Daily Troll: Patty Murray delivers on budget. Bike plan to get comments spinning. Inslee submits Boeing bid. (11)
- Fred Bassetti's legacy: Modernism that feels good to the human hand (9)
- Meet the Districts (12)
Mourning an Oregon officer. Asking a question, or 39, of white people. Latest Sawant-Conlin numbers.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Domestic terrorism in Medford. Boehner says no 2013 deal on immigration. Ferry system takes blame.
A new leader at Philanthropy Northwest. Waiting on the Boeing vote?READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: State sues over grocers' campaign donations. Key role for Patty Murray. Pot rules written.
Bellevue vs. Boise.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Warming waters are a new threat for Columbia River fish. Dams remain an ever-present problem.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A state examination is trying to answer some big-money questions.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The Portland paper is cutting print staff in favor of the paper's weakest link: its web site.READ MORE 15 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: State lays out shutdown plans. Eco-terror in Oregon. McGinn's generous city employees.
Bellevue is looking for the best ideas on its future. Children's Hospital neonatal care is recognized. And the Oregonian pulls back from home delivery.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Students protest teacher's transfer. Voters conflicted on transpo. Kirkland leery of bag ban.
Seattle Public Library stacks up and tips them over.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The endangered, huge-winged California condor was once a resident of the Pacific Northwest. Is it time to bring this endangered species back?READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
News analysis: In the wake of the I-5 bridge collapse, legislators are talking about possible compromises. But the political currents may prove tricky to navigate.READ MORE 26 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Fairchild loses tankers. Council considers its stash. Hanford history: Cover up, repeat.
The UW hopes to widen the Burke-Gilman Trail.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The withdrawal of Kinder Morgan from plans for coal exports from the Port of St. Helens still leaves other efforts in the works. And the company is hunting for other coal port sites.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
The action by the Democratic-controlled House sets up a showdown with Senate Republicans over a key link between Washington and Oregon.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
House Democrats prepare to pass their budget. And partisan sniping breaks out on a transportation issues.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Oregon strip club pair charged with child trafficking
An ongoing investigation is looking at a child-prostitution operation allegedly run out of a Beaverton strip club. Two 13-year-old girls are said to be victims.
Gov. Kitzhaber goes for a record 4th term
Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber today said he will seek re-election next year.
11-year-old gets tossed for selling mistletoe near Portland Saturday market
She wanted to raise money to pay for her braces. A farm owner who heard that she had been warned to get out of a city park donated the money.
Cover Oregon covers... no one
Oregon's Health Exchange still isn't functioning. At this point it's one of the saddest stories among the states, coming from a place that had such high hopes.
- A new loo for Seattle?
- The Oregonian: Going the way of all newspapers?
- The Daily Troll: State lays out shutdown plans. Eco-terror in Oregon. McGinn's generous city employees.
- The Daily Troll: Portland bike envy. Slow burn for marijuana empire. Heroic collaboration to cut violence.
- The Daily Troll: Students protest teacher's transfer. Voters conflicted on transpo. Kirkland leery of bag ban.
- No day of rest for Portland's cheapskate motorist