An Oregon superintendent explains why shifting to a four-day school week works well for students, teachers and families.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Daily Troll: Gay principal files suit. Issaquah's embarrassing student racism. Washington Dem turns GOP.
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash?
- Why Stadium Place is the best new development in Seattle
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet
- Why Google Fiber will never come to Seattle
- King County transit measure: Nobody’s favorite, but a favorite to win
- Mark Penn's questionable road to Microsoft's Chief of Strategy
- Homeless bill furor has Republican senator looking to Inslee for help
- Legislature, Inslee clash, but to what purpose?
Many thanks to John Oppenheimer and Raven Foundation some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Waterfront park design needs a dose of reality (67)
- A $15 minimum wage won't be anyone's silver bullet (22)
- King County transit measure: Nobody’s favorite, but a favorite to win (33)
- Seattle Public Schools' maddening 'Blank Stare of Bureaucracy' (31)
- Seattle's waterfront: Visions of hottubs & gardens, but where's the cash? (15)
- Immigration activist Pramila Jayapal to run for state Senate (10)
- Real state support for schools: A roadmap (8)
- Legislature, Inslee clash, but to what purpose? (9)
- Why Google Fiber will never come to Seattle (47)
- Seattle's Police Chief search: Smooth sailing ahead (17)
Governor for life in Oregon? Well, maybe one more term. Pot for your pets?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Mourning an Oregon officer. Asking a question, or 39, of white people. Latest Sawant-Conlin numbers.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Domestic terrorism in Medford. Boehner says no 2013 deal on immigration. Ferry system takes blame.
A new leader at Philanthropy Northwest. Waiting on the Boeing vote?READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: State sues over grocers' campaign donations. Key role for Patty Murray. Pot rules written.
Bellevue vs. Boise.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Warming waters are a new threat for Columbia River fish. Dams remain an ever-present problem.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
A state examination is trying to answer some big-money questions.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The Portland paper is cutting print staff in favor of the paper's weakest link: its web site.READ MORE 15 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: State lays out shutdown plans. Eco-terror in Oregon. McGinn's generous city employees.
Bellevue is looking for the best ideas on its future. Children's Hospital neonatal care is recognized. And the Oregonian pulls back from home delivery.READ MORE 2 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Students protest teacher's transfer. Voters conflicted on transpo. Kirkland leery of bag ban.
Seattle Public Library stacks up and tips them over.READ MORE 11 COMMENTS
The endangered, huge-winged California condor was once a resident of the Pacific Northwest. Is it time to bring this endangered species back?READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
News analysis: In the wake of the I-5 bridge collapse, legislators are talking about possible compromises. But the political currents may prove tricky to navigate.READ MORE 26 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Fairchild loses tankers. Council considers its stash. Hanford history: Cover up, repeat.
The UW hopes to widen the Burke-Gilman Trail.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The withdrawal of Kinder Morgan from plans for coal exports from the Port of St. Helens still leaves other efforts in the works. And the company is hunting for other coal port sites.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
The action by the Democratic-controlled House sets up a showdown with Senate Republicans over a key link between Washington and Oregon.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
2 killed in Oregon avalanche
The avalanche hit a party of eight skiers in Oregon's Wallowa Mountains, most of whom are from the Seattle area.
- A new loo for Seattle?
- The Oregonian: Going the way of all newspapers?
- The Daily Troll: State lays out shutdown plans. Eco-terror in Oregon. McGinn's generous city employees.
- The Daily Troll: Portland bike envy. Slow burn for marijuana empire. Heroic collaboration to cut violence.
- The Daily Troll: Students protest teacher's transfer. Voters conflicted on transpo. Kirkland leery of bag ban.
- No day of rest for Portland's cheapskate motorist