We are making strides on ethnicity and sexual orientation. But Seattle and Portland forget one part of the equation.READ MORE 19 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Remembering Paul Schell
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote?
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust
- Viral Video: Mars Hill in its own words
- What the Carlton Complex wildfire left behind
- Facelift for 2nd Avenue's bike death trap
- Protesters stall an oil train for hours at Anacortes
- What have Amazon's drones done for you lately?
- Columbia River: Why it may be time to let some dams tumble
Many thanks to Susan Snover and Laurel Strand some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Why the parks district vote has become a referendum on trust (54)
- Parks and Proposition 1: Oh, how to vote? (36)
- What $189 speeding tickets can buy (17)
- Will Seattle's parks initiative make us happier? (14)
- Tim Eyman: Democrats shouldn't repeat 2010 tax-hike debacle in 2015 (37)
- Remembering Paul Schell (13)
- Can a Socialist unseat the powerful Democratic Speaker of the House? (9)
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown (45)
- Inslee to lay out ideas for cap-and-trade, carbon tax (6)
- Meet the Swing Districts (7)
Disturbing images fill some of the art, but is society paying attention to what endless war means for them and the rest of us?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Dr. Monica Wehby made a strong showing in the primary, but could face questions about her personal life.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Super Bowl champs get their day at the White House.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Coal, oil and gas proposals are flooding into states headed by governors who want to fight global warming.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
In the rush to ship energy to Asia from Washington and Oregon, more fossil fuels are being pushed.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
While it's being treated as a local issues, a fight in Oregon over old-growth logging could create larger threats for spotted owls and even other endangered species.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Scientists have uncovered evidence that pushes back our idea of the earliest human activity.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
John Jacob Astor had a global vision. And Astoria could have been a world trade hub.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
An Oregon superintendent explains why shifting to a four-day school week works well for students, teachers and families.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Governor for life in Oregon? Well, maybe one more term. Pot for your pets?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Mourning an Oregon officer. Asking a question, or 39, of white people. Latest Sawant-Conlin numbers.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Domestic terrorism in Medford. Boehner says no 2013 deal on immigration. Ferry system takes blame.
A new leader at Philanthropy Northwest. Waiting on the Boeing vote?READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: State sues over grocers' campaign donations. Key role for Patty Murray. Pot rules written.
Bellevue vs. Boise.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
- A new loo for Seattle?
- The Oregonian: Going the way of all newspapers?
- The Daily Troll: State lays out shutdown plans. Eco-terror in Oregon. McGinn's generous city employees.
- The Daily Troll: Portland bike envy. Slow burn for marijuana empire. Heroic collaboration to cut violence.
- The Daily Troll: Students protest teacher's transfer. Voters conflicted on transpo. Kirkland leery of bag ban.
- No day of rest for Portland's cheapskate motorist