A state agency rejects a plan designed to ship coal to Asia.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- The Bertha mess: Did Seattle bring it on itself?
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha
- Seattle's affordable housing explained
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk.
- The Daily Troll: Another new stadium for Seattle? Restaurant ratings to get upgrade. Pioneer Square digging gets noisy.
- Welcome back to Boondogglia
- The Daily Troll: Comcast boosts internet speed. Google's top 2014 searches. Chief O'Toole looks for new assistant chiefs.
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely
- A crack in Pioneer Square's urban renewal
Many thanks to Raikes Foundation and Bradley & Sally Bagshaw some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Viaduct, City Council share that sinking feeling (94)
- The Bertha mess: Did Seattle bring it on itself? (49)
- WSDOT may have to re-bury Bertha (57)
- How income inequality is keeping state coffers low (34)
- State can move forward on transportation -- by looking back (21)
- Seattle's affordable housing explained (12)
- Sales tax hike, income tax? Not likely (19)
- Inslee wants to limit carbon emissions, help with budget challenges (7)
- The Daily Troll: Coal trains' hidden support. Medical pot busted. Bertha: Soil was rated a big risk. (4)
- Most Read 2014 No. 10: The unspoken realities behind a King County Metro tax proposition (9)
We are making strides on ethnicity and sexual orientation. But Seattle and Portland forget one part of the equation.READ MORE 19 COMMENTS
Disturbing images fill some of the art, but is society paying attention to what endless war means for them and the rest of us?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Dr. Monica Wehby made a strong showing in the primary, but could face questions about her personal life.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Super Bowl champs get their day at the White House.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Coal, oil and gas proposals are flooding into states headed by governors who want to fight global warming.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
In the rush to ship energy to Asia from Washington and Oregon, more fossil fuels are being pushed.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
While it's being treated as a local issues, a fight in Oregon over old-growth logging could create larger threats for spotted owls and even other endangered species.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Scientists have uncovered evidence that pushes back our idea of the earliest human activity.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
John Jacob Astor had a global vision. And Astoria could have been a world trade hub.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
An Oregon superintendent explains why shifting to a four-day school week works well for students, teachers and families.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Governor for life in Oregon? Well, maybe one more term. Pot for your pets?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Mourning an Oregon officer. Asking a question, or 39, of white people. Latest Sawant-Conlin numbers.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Domestic terrorism in Medford. Boehner says no 2013 deal on immigration. Ferry system takes blame.
A new leader at Philanthropy Northwest. Waiting on the Boeing vote?READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Portland files lawsuit against Uber
The Uber vs. Portland showdown continues to progress, with the city filing a lawsuit on Monday afternoon against the transportation startup.
NY Times: Traveling Cheryl Strayed's Wild Oregon
Reese Witherspoon was here, too. But she had it a little easier.
Oregon's salmon license plate pays for bureaucrat's salary
The state promises online that the money will go directly to restoration projects to benefit salmon. Untrue.
Willamette U. football player held on murder charge
The senior chemistry major is charged in the death of a 66-year-old man.
Oregon leader: We'll legalize pot our way
The head of the Liquor Control Commission promises lots of transparency and attention to public wishes.
Oregon veterinarian caught up in SE Asian judicial system
The new nation of Timor-Leste has tossed the woman into jail without bail.
- A new loo for Seattle?
- The Oregonian: Going the way of all newspapers?
- The Daily Troll: State lays out shutdown plans. Eco-terror in Oregon. McGinn's generous city employees.
- The Daily Troll: Portland bike envy. Slow burn for marijuana empire. Heroic collaboration to cut violence.
- The Daily Troll: Students protest teacher's transfer. Voters conflicted on transpo. Kirkland leery of bag ban.
- No day of rest for Portland's cheapskate motorist