A state agency rejects a plan designed to ship coal to Asia.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Our Sponsors:Read more »
- Inside Mars Hill's massive meltdown
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound?
- Amgen: A lesson in state's tax break policy
- Memo to Steve Ballmer: Lakeside School is not the Clippers
- As Capitol Hill deweirds, LGBTQ hate crime takes off
- Weyerhaeuser move: A modern landmark's future in question
- Where are Washington's K-12 dollars? Just ask Microsoft shareholders
- The man who remade the Mariners
- In South Seattle, a DIY small business crime deterrent
- 'The Mikado's' yellowface through the eyes of my Asian daughter
Many thanks to Grace Christ and Edward Marquand some of our many supporters.ALL MEMBERS »
- Waterfront development: Will new rules harm fish, Puget Sound? (31)
- 'Stand-up economist': How to be optimistic about climate (13)
- Nuclear energy is here to stay (12)
- Bertha: Wasting money while the Viaduct risks grow? (48)
- Amgen: A lesson in state's tax break policy (17)
- Memo to Steve Ballmer: Lakeside School is not the Clippers (19)
- Tight budgets force cuts to King County Public Health (12)
- Weyerhaeuser move: A modern landmark's future in question (11)
- In South Seattle, a DIY small business crime deterrent (10)
- A promising moment for Seattle pedestrians (8)
We are making strides on ethnicity and sexual orientation. But Seattle and Portland forget one part of the equation.READ MORE 19 COMMENTS
Disturbing images fill some of the art, but is society paying attention to what endless war means for them and the rest of us?READ MORE COMMENT NOW
Dr. Monica Wehby made a strong showing in the primary, but could face questions about her personal life.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The Super Bowl champs get their day at the White House.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Coal, oil and gas proposals are flooding into states headed by governors who want to fight global warming.READ MORE 5 COMMENTS
In the rush to ship energy to Asia from Washington and Oregon, more fossil fuels are being pushed.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
While it's being treated as a local issues, a fight in Oregon over old-growth logging could create larger threats for spotted owls and even other endangered species.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
Scientists have uncovered evidence that pushes back our idea of the earliest human activity.READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
John Jacob Astor had a global vision. And Astoria could have been a world trade hub.READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
An Oregon superintendent explains why shifting to a four-day school week works well for students, teachers and families.READ MORE 8 COMMENTS
Governor for life in Oregon? Well, maybe one more term. Pot for your pets?READ MORE 1 COMMENTS
Mourning an Oregon officer. Asking a question, or 39, of white people. Latest Sawant-Conlin numbers.READ MORE 4 COMMENTS
The Daily Troll: Domestic terrorism in Medford. Boehner says no 2013 deal on immigration. Ferry system takes blame.
A new leader at Philanthropy Northwest. Waiting on the Boeing vote?READ MORE 3 COMMENTS
The latest from news outlets and blogs around the Northwest and beyond, chosen by Crosscut editors.
Oregon sheriffs group puts cash into 'marijuana education'
The Oregon State Sheriffs Association's president says pot legalization would "tear families apart."
Oregon bonanza from a freeze in Turkey?
The state produces 99 percent of the U.S. hazelnut crop. Turkey's hazelnut growers suffered losses that are still being determined.
Missing Oregon woman found dead.
After a nearly two week search, the body of the missing mother was discovered.
Oregon woman in custody for death of daughter
Oregon woman faces charges of aggravated murder and attempted aggravated murder after her two-year-old daughter was found dead at an Oregon resort.
Portland will show off in MLS All-Star game
The Wednesday event will feature the league's best against a top international team, Bayern Munich, but Timbers' owners also view it as a chance to showcase the city.
- A new loo for Seattle?
- The Oregonian: Going the way of all newspapers?
- The Daily Troll: State lays out shutdown plans. Eco-terror in Oregon. McGinn's generous city employees.
- The Daily Troll: Portland bike envy. Slow burn for marijuana empire. Heroic collaboration to cut violence.
- The Daily Troll: Students protest teacher's transfer. Voters conflicted on transpo. Kirkland leery of bag ban.
- No day of rest for Portland's cheapskate motorist