I had to give a corporate presentation today. I talked to administrative staff at a local hospital about how to dress appropriately for the office on a limited budget. We came up with some adjectives that everyone thought would be great to consider when dressing for their office: professional, competent, and accessible.
It's tricky living in a city like Seattle that has many super-casual workplaces and looking professional without being overdressed and uncomfortable. I used this outfit as an example of not having to spend a lot of funds to look and feel confident and professional.
Note: My hair has gone into failure mode. Must schedule haircut this week.
- Army green "looks like a million bucks" blazer (four months old, Wal-Mart, $24)
- Dressier than a T-shirt, white short-sleeved sweater cardigan (bought two month ago at Wal-Mart, $14)
- Black pin-striped washable, drapey trousers (three years old, Target, $36 plus $12 to have shortened)
- Dark red eel-skin pumps (three months old, DSW, $24)
- Chunky turquoise necklace (two months old, swap meet in Phoenix, $75)
- Thin wire gold hoops (one year old, Target, $30)