- When does the festival take place?
- The Crosscut Festival will take place May 2 - 6, 2023. The Headliners Gala will take place on April 29, 2023.
- Is the Crosscut Festival in-person or virtual? Where does it take place?
- The 2023 Crosscut Festival is a hybrid event including daily virtual events and in-person programming.
- Are all events ADA accessible?
- Captioning is available on all virtual sessions.
- All in-person Crosscut Festival events are ADA accessible and ALDs are available upon request.
- If you would like to discuss accessibility considerations, please contact email@example.com or call 206-443-4800. It is important to us that everyone who wants to participate is able to do so.
- How do I become a member?
- Members receive special benefits at the Crosscut Festival! Sign up today.
- How do I become a sponsor?
- If you’re interested in becoming a Crosscut Festival sponsor please email Jonah Fruchter, Director of Corporate Underwriting, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I volunteer?
- How do I buy tickets?
- What’s included in my tickets?
- Are there combination Festival and Gala tickets available?
- We do not have combination tickets available this year; we recommend a la carte purchases for the events you would like to attend.
- What is the refund policy?
- Crosscut Festival tickets are fully refundable up to April 25, 2023 (7 days before the start of the festival), after which we will be unable to offer refunds. Headliners Gala tickets are considered a donation and therefore not refundable.
- What are the member benefits?
- Members receive early access to purchase tickets, priority entry lines at the Crosscut Festival and a commemorative tote bag and book bundle.
- What is the cost?
- Are my tickets tax deductible?
- Headliners Gala tickets are tax-deductible, however, Crosscut Festival tickets are not.
- Are there any student discounts?
- As all virtual components of the festival are free, we are not offering student discounts for other ticketed festival events.
- Can I volunteer to gain access to the festival?
- Are there opportunities for those who cannot afford a ticket to attend?
SPEAKERS AND SCHEDULE
- Who are the speakers/what is the schedule?
- Can I nominate a speaker or topic?
- We've incorporated feedback from prior festivals into this year's planning and are not taking additional suggestions at this time. Please fill out a post-event survey after this year's event to share your feedback and speaker/topic suggestions for 2024.
- How do I watch?
- Links to all virtual sessions can be found on the "Sessions" page on this website and a link will also be sent out via email.
- What devices and browsers can I use to watch virtual sessions?
- Virtual events can be viewed on computers or tablets using Safari, Firefox or Chrome browsers.
- Can I watch virtual sessions on my TV?
- Select Crosscut Festival sessions will be broadcast on KCTS 9, tin the evening during the week following the festival, however, the majority of the sessions will need to be viewed on your computer or tablet.
- Will sessions be recorded for later viewing?
- Yes! All virtual sessions will be recorded and will be available on the event library page within 24 hours of when they originally took place.
- How long will the recordings be available online?
- Recordings will be available on the event library page for the week following the festival, after which you will be able to view them at Crosscut.com/festival.
- Is closed captioning available?
- Yes, closed captioning is available on all virtual sessions.
- Who do I contact if I’m having technical issues?
- Please email email@example.com or call 206-443-4800 with any questions and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. If you are having issues during a session please ask your question in the chat and a member of our team will assist you in real-time.
- Can anyone purchase a ticket to the gala?
- Yes! Tickets for the Headliners Gala are open to the public and are available on the Gala ticketing page.
- Are my Gala tickets tax-deductible?
- Yes, gala tickets are tax-deductible. The fair market value (FMV) of each meal is $125. An official tax receipt for your donation(s) will be sent in January. Cascade Public Media’s Federal Tax ID number is 91-1221895.
- What will take place at the gala?
- The Headliners Gala will consist of dinner, drinks and a live auction along with an on-stage conversation with Michael Barbaro of The New York Times' The Daily podcast
- Can I participate in the gala virtually?
- We will not have a virtual component to the Headliners Gala, however, if you’d like to make a gift you can do so at https://crosscut.com/donate.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.